5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for truck bed lights

mike90

Reaction score
curt 56584 or 56070
56584 is for 5 wires and 56070 is for 7 wires. If you use the 7 it will give you an auxiliary "hot" wire but you will have to shorten the wires as the 56070 is used for a fifth wheel.

And did you have to cut off the connector from the curt harness on the end that would be connecting to the lights in order to connect the lights to it? Any pictures by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what I was talking about. It's shorter and gives you an extra 5 pin off your 7 pin. It allows you to wire whatever you want to that 5 pin or splice off one of the 7 pin wires in between. I'd suggest an always hot line so you can turn them on whenever you want.

mike90

Reaction score
This is what I was talking about. It's shorter and gives you an extra 5 pin off your 7 pin. It allows you to wire whatever you want to that 5 pin or splice off one of the 7 pin wires in between. I'd suggest an always hot line so you can turn them on whenever you want.

That makes sense! Thanks! Just ordered. Assume you can test with a multimeter after connected? Also is there a diagram anywhere showing which wire is which on the 7 pins on our trucks?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! Can you define what auxiliary hot is? Is that where it only comes on when the truck is on? I assume I wouldn’t want that if I wanted to turn the bed lights in when the truck is off. So which wire did you wind up connecting your lights to. I want to avoid draining my battery as well in case I left them on. Thanks in advance!

Auxiliary stays hot and is white

see post 364

This enables me to have the extra set of reverse lights work with the Ram's reverse AND I can turn them on when not in reverse. I also have a set of LEDS along the utility rails that is wired to the auxiliary wire. That can be a problem if the light is accidently left on.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And did you have to cut off the connector from the curt harness on the end that would be connecting to the lights in order to connect the lights to it? Any pictures by chance?

I started with the 5 pin Curt and found out about the 7 pin later. If I was to do it over I would use the 7 pin. I have a 7 pin Curt and it is on the bucket list. But I need to live to 120 to get to it, providing I add nothing to the list.

There is a lot of information below:

My install starts at #27 for my reverse lights and later added the double pole double throw switch (DPDT) along with the LED rail lights.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread