5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for specific chrome aftermarket parts!

Melvilarnt

Reaction score
Hey guys! I love chrome. And im slowly adding a lot of chrome on my truck.
I know I should have bought a limited or a laramie ram but I didnt have the budget, I got a tradesman ahahah
I was looking for wheel skins but cant find any for my rims, do you guys know if it was ever made? Im posting a picture of my wheels.
Also Im looking for the side trim that goes all the way to the beginning of the bed. like in the attached picture
Last thing, anybody found some chrome door handles cover?
Also has anybody found any chrome grill that fits my truck grill?
Any chrome trim that goes around the windows?
thanks guys!

Attachments

• 2019-ram-1500-limited.jpg
    2019-ram-1500-limited.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7925.JPG
    IMG_7925.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 107

reggiejp3

Reaction score
this should work out for you fairly well since everyone is doing the opposite and blacking everything out.

ebay has the chrome handle covers and mirrors covers. I believe I also saw the side trim similar to the limited on there as well. Just type “2019 ram chrome” in the search bar and it will bring up tons of stuff you will be interested in. And it’s all relatively cheap.

Now for the wheels you will want to search the classifieds on here, facebook marketplace, offer up or craigslist To keep local. You will find people darn near giving away stock chrome wheels. This will be a much better option than trying to find cheap covers that probably don’t even exist yet for these trucks. And they tend to fall off.

While you are searching I’m sure you will find chrome take off bumpers as well.

Lastly you would be surprised what you can find on the wish app.

Good luck, like I said you should be able to accomplish your goal and then some.

Melvilarnt

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I actually found someone selling big horn wheels that I am going to install and buy the wheel skins that go with it!
Thanks!

Last edited:

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I have a set of chrome mirror caps available. If you were closer I'd trade the chrome trim around the windows, but seems it's a bit of a process to remove and can't have my daily driver down waiting on shipping.

Melvilarnt

Reaction score
I have a set of chrome mirror caps available. If you were closer I'd trade the chrome trim around the windows, but seems it's a bit of a process to remove and can't have my daily driver down waiting on shipping.
too bad! If you ever get rid of the chrome trim around the window, please contact me and ill buy it from you!

JD Jackalope

Reaction score
I know I should have bought a limited or a laramie ram but I didnt have the budget, I got a tradesman ahahah
I was looking for wheel skins but cant find any for my rims, do you guys know if it was ever made? Im posting a picture of my wheels.
Also Im looking for the side trim that goes all the way to the beginning of the bed. like in the attached picture
thanks guys!
Wow! One of the few proud to admit chrome lovers. You are my hero! Lately, I feel like I am all alone on an island surrounded by a non colored sea of black. The blacking out everything trendy thing drives me bats*** crazy for some reason.
I just don't get the love of this trend, except I have always loved the look of black wheel police cruisers with poverty caps.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mojoman

Reaction score
Wow! One of the few proud to admit chrome lovers. You are my hero! Lately, I feel like I am all alone on an island surrounded by a non colored sea of black. The blacking out everything trendy thing drives me bats*** crazy for some reason.
I just don't get the love of this trend, except I have always loved the look of black wheel police cruisers with poverty caps.

Maybe you're not all alone out there. I'm a chrome lover, too. I'll post a few pics after this Illinois cold snap and I can clean all the salt off

Mirowpl

Reaction score
no, you are not alone....I am another chrome lover. Just installed the chrome tow hooks (with molar bezels) to my big horn....really added to the chrome bumper look

Rjames

Reaction score
thanks guys!

I too am one that likes chrome ( old school I guess). I have also been looking for the same type wheel skins and have been unable to find them for my 2020 RAM Bighorn 4WD w/ 5.7 Hemi. Did you have any luck finding any? I am attaching my wheels as well. Thanks in advance.

-RJames 2020 RAMWheel.jpg

Mojoman

Reaction score
I too am one that likes chrome ( old school I guess). I have also been looking for the same type wheel skins and have been unable to find them for my 2020 RAM Bighorn 4WD w/ 5.7 Hemi. Did you have any luck finding any? I am attaching my wheels as well. Thanks in advance.

-RJames View attachment 83571
I replaced my 18" factory rims with 20" ion chrome 141 wheels with a +18 offset. Really sets off the chrome bumpers

Rjames

Reaction score
I replaced my 18" factory rims with 20" ion chrome 141 wheels with a +18 offset. Really sets off the chrome bumpers
Thanks for the advice man! Looks like these wheel skins are not available based on feedback I got from a couple wheel skin vendors.

-RJ

Mojoman

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice man! Looks like these wheel skins are not available based on feedback I got from a couple wheel skin vendors.

-RJ
You can usually find a set of factory takeoff chromes pretty easy, but I caught a deal on the ions I bought that made it cheaper for me to go aftermarket. The +18 offset keeps the tires from poking out and throwing debris. I added chrome mirror covers, and recently bought chrome grill overlays somebody showed on here. Haven't installed those yet because of the weather.

Wsmith

Reaction score

I don't think you are alone, many like chrome. I am not one of them, For me it's not a trend. When I was sixteen I had a 79 Silverado 4" lift 35s and no money. I spray painted anything on the truck ,that was chrome, to black. Honestly It looked like crap up close, but I still liked it better than chrome. To me chrome reminds me of plastic even if it is not. Recently de chromed my Road Glide as well. Chrome or black, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Users who are viewing this thread