5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For Some Advice

doug55579

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently own a 2019 Big Horn Black Edition. When it was new it had an unfortunate minor accident. I also bought the truck off the lot and it has some things that I am really unhappy with, mainly the awful not heated tow mirrors and the smaller gas tank. Because of these factors, I am considering having a 2020 Ram built. I am between a Big Horn Midnight Edition with the Level 2 package, off-road package and LED lights vs a Rebel. The rebel is around 3k more which is not a huge issue but I have some concerns with the Rebel. One of the concerns is the lack of 4x4 auto. I understand the reasons that it is not equipped but I feel like that is a useful feature to have. The other concern is the base seats on the Rebel look really cheap compared to the nice cloth that the Big Horn has. That being said I like the look of the Rebel and the idea of having powder coated bumpers is appealing. The last question is how different is the ride? The Big Horns and Laramies ride so nice. I am also unsure about whether a couple of features are worth getting. One is the multi-function tailgate, the other is the upgraded speakers with the subwoofer. Either way, I prefer the standard 8.4-inch screen. Thanks the help!

Last edited:

AbitaPro

Reaction score
I made my purchase decision strictly on comfort and the luxury ride. Ended up with a Limited, Off-Road, Level 1, Paint matched bumpers, 5.7, 4x4, 3.21, didn’t want the hole in the roof, so I didn’t choose that, and I found the ride more comfortable and better handling with the 20” wheels. The fuel tank is not the 33, it’s smaller but never had a problem in our travels.

Honestly it’s the absolute best designed vehicle, truck I’ve ever owned. I’ve been on a stretch of Interstate Highway where it was so comfortable, quiet and smooth, one may think they were flying, and I thought so!

Good luck with yours.......

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I live in the Cascade mountains with lots of variable driving conditions and I can say with confidence the 4x4 auto doesn’t do anything. Go 2wd or 4wd you’re not going to be saved by anything in between. It’s not AWD. I’d love the Rebel if it ever came with the longer bed ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread