5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for exterior ideas/opinions

stevekucz

Reaction score
Hi all!

I got my truck in the end of September, and since then, I have done the following:
- Front tint, tail & brake tint, black emblem kit, black hood bezel, black exhaust tips, bed cover, and black side steps.

Wheels & tires are going to happen in mid 2023.

Looking for any ideas / suggestions for anything else to the exterior?

In my mind, I've done it all & am happy with the look, but hoping someone has some creative ideas.

Pics attached for reference.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Attachments

• IMG_3661 (1).jpg
    IMG_3661 (1).jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4488.jpg
    IMG_4488.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4494.jpg
    IMG_4494.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4493.jpg
    IMG_4493.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4492.jpg
    IMG_4492.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3933.jpg
    IMG_3933.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3658.jpg
    IMG_3658.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3659 (1).jpg
    IMG_3659 (1).jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3660 (1).jpg
    IMG_3660 (1).jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 84

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
It’s a great looking truck! I got nothing to recommend. Patriot Blue is my second favorite Ram color. Your mods are tasteful and look great.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Simple things like a level and bigger or same size AT tires but both of those are personal preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Could do something like this with a color of your choice.

1669938680251.jpeg 1669938831692.png

Also can blackout that eTorque on the hood.

There's wind defectors (above the 4 side windows)
Hood deflectors (with or without lighting)
Could also put lighting on the top like on the 2500s.

These would also fit in your front grille if you want\like more lighting. Dual 6in LED Grille Kit (19-22 RAM 1500)
1669939307985.png 1669939320078.png

Really comes down to what YOU want. There are always a ton of mods out there to do.

stevekucz

Reaction score
It’s a great looking truck! I got nothing to recommend. Patriot Blue is my second favorite Ram color. Your mods are tasteful and look great.
Appreciate it!!!!

I love the black & blue theme. Once I get wheels on it.... never going to want to let it go

stevekucz

Reaction score
Simple things like a level and bigger or same size AT tires but both of those are personal preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Appreciate! I plan to level once I do wheels. Hopefully early on in 2023

stevekucz

Reaction score
Could do something like this with a color of your choice.

View attachment 145058 View attachment 145059

Also can blackout that eTorque on the hood.

There's wind defectors (above the 4 side windows)
Hood deflectors (with or without lighting)
Could also put lighting on the top like on the 2500s.

These would also fit in your front grille if you want\like more lighting. Dual 6in LED Grille Kit (19-22 RAM 1500)
View attachment 145062 View attachment 145063

Really comes down to what YOU want. There are always a ton of mods out there to do.
Interesting!

I like the grill badge black like I have it.

The e-torque bezel was already a piece I bought to replace the stock one which was chrome lettering. The replacement was black with a little blue on it -- ended up liking the touch of blue since it matches my truck color!

I like the idea of lighting up top like a 2500 -- do you have a link to a kit you'd recommend for that?

I also like these grill lights you sent a lot -- looking at the link now.
Thanks for the input!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hi all!

I got my truck in the end of September, and since then, I have done the following:
- Front tint, tail & brake tint, black emblem kit, black hood bezel, black exhaust tips, bed cover, and black side steps.

Wheels & tires are going to happen in mid 2023.

Looking for any ideas / suggestions for anything else to the exterior?

In my mind, I've done it all & am happy with the look, but hoping someone has some creative ideas.

Pics attached for reference.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions
read through these 1466 pages to get some good ideas

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Interesting!

I like the grill badge black like I have it.

The e-torque bezel was already a piece I bought to replace the stock one which was chrome lettering. The replacement was black with a little blue on it -- ended up liking the touch of blue since it matches my truck color!

I like the idea of lighting up top like a 2500 -- do you have a link to a kit you'd recommend for that?

I also like these grill lights you sent a lot -- looking at the link now.
Thanks for the input!
I can't find the thread for the life of me, but someone here installed the roof lighting. He basically installed the lights and ran the cables backwards onto the roof, then in a single line sent them all to the passenger side, and down the windshield inside a small piece of weatherstripping on the side of the windshield. so you can't even tell wires are there, and into the hood. I think he used body color tape to keep the wiring down on the roof so you couldn't see it unless you were above the truck somehow.

There are also wireless ones that take a battery and can be turned on with a remote, but I personally wouldn't want to have someone battery powered and a remote to turn it on.

If you like the blue eTorque, you could get blue for HEMI and 1500 (if you wanted).

I wish I could do the LEDs in the grill, but I have a Limited and the grills are a bit different and don't allow me to install there without cutting the grill apart.

There's also the lighted bug shield
I THINK there is one called like sunroof deflector or something but I can't find the link. It's like the same thing as the hood, but mounts on the roof.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking at your pics. I'm confused. Which step did you install? If it's the black one, what is the brand & model?
Thanks! Screenshot_20221201-211944_Firefox.jpg Screenshot_20221201-212004_Firefox.jpg

stevekucz

Reaction score
I can't find the thread for the life of me, but someone here installed the roof lighting. He basically installed the lights and ran the cables backwards onto the roof, then in a single line sent them all to the passenger side, and down the windshield inside a small piece of weatherstripping on the side of the windshield. so you can't even tell wires are there, and into the hood. I think he used body color tape to keep the wiring down on the roof so you couldn't see it unless you were above the truck somehow.

There are also wireless ones that take a battery and can be turned on with a remote, but I personally wouldn't want to have someone battery powered and a remote to turn it on.

If you like the blue eTorque, you could get blue for HEMI and 1500 (if you wanted).

I wish I could do the LEDs in the grill, but I have a Limited and the grills are a bit different and don't allow me to install there without cutting the grill apart.

There's also the lighted bug shield
I THINK there is one called like sunroof deflector or something but I can't find the link. It's like the same thing as the hood, but mounts on the roof.
Interesting — yea I definitely wouldn’t want battery powered anything haha. I’m gonna look into the wired version. Thanks!

stevekucz

Reaction score
I was looking at your pics. I'm confused. Which step did you install? If it's the black one, what is the brand & model?
Thanks! View attachment 145079 View attachment 145080
Haha sorry for the confusion! The chrome were the stock steps from the dealer. I replaced with the black

Here’s the ones I bought:

Install was easy and it looks so much cleaner in person. And so much cleaner than the stock look. I like the black on blue theme of the truck. Hated any chrome on there. After the step install, the only remaining thing I need to replace is the wheels

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha sorry for the confusion! The chrome were the stock steps from the dealer. I replaced with the black

Here’s the ones I bought:

Install was easy and it looks so much cleaner in person. And so much cleaner than the stock look. I like the black on blue theme of the truck. Hated any chrome on there. After the step install, the only remaining thing I need to replace is the wheels
Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread