5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for alternatives to borla atak on 5.7

AJBrauer

Reaction score
I’ve had the borla atak on my 2020 1500 Laramie for a few months now and I love it. Awesome roar when you get on it and modest when you want it to be. BUT I’ve been working early mornings for the last month and the startup is starting to rile up my neighbors. Anyone have experience with adding borla resonators or know how the touring compares to ATAK

Klicht87

Reaction score
I’ve had the borla atak on my 2020 1500 Laramie for a few months now and I love it. Awesome roar when you get on it and modest when you want it to be. BUT I’ve been working early mornings for the last month and the startup is starting to rile up my neighbors. Anyone have experience with adding borla resonators or know how the touring compares to ATAK
I have the optional borla resonator on mine. It toned it down quite a bit until you step on it. Some people thing it's over priced -- around $200-- and others have installed other branded resonators. I like the borla version because it's bolt on. I just didn't want to ditch a $1000 piece of equipment so I gave this a try.

Last edited:

blazej01

Reaction score
Do you have part number for the resonator? I need to add one to my s-type. Thanks

AJBrauer

Reaction score
I have the optional borla resonator on mine. It toned it down quite a bit until you step on it. Some people thing it's over priced -- around $200-- and others have installed other branded resonators. I like the borla version because it's bolt on. I just didn't want to ditch a $1000 piece of equipment so I gave this a try.
How is it on a cold start? That’s really where my problem is.

Klicht87

Reaction score
How is it on a cold start? That’s really where my problem is.
I swap back and forth with the resonator on and off. I thought it quieted it down a little too much for my taste but sometimes the ATAK is a little annoying on the highway. Anyways, The cold start, to me, sounds no different than without. The borla system doesn't have a drone but it tones down the "noise" between around 1200-1800 RPMS.

I can't really tell if you if it's really worth the $200 but others use other brands that are welded on. Just depends on what you want to spend and how you want it installed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread