5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a timed fuse.

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
I’m looking for a timed fuse to use it for my dash cam. I currently have a BlackVue 900X and I have it wired with the accessory wire for Parking mode. The issue is that the dash cam go into parking mode as soon as I turn the engine off, and when the family gets out of the truck and close the doors, the cam logs it as an impact detected event. I was going to dial down the sensor sensitivity but I don’t want the cam to miss an actual impact because of it.

If I could find a fuse that has like a 2 minute delay this will give me and my family enough time to get out of the truck and close the doors without the cam confusing it with an actual impact. I also don’t want to wire it without the accessory wire (normal) because I don’t want the cam to have to wait for 5 minutes before the system switches to Parking mode.

I will appreciate if anyone can gime me any info on a timed fuse. I did searched the forums but I couldn’t find anything.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like you could install a Super Capacitor inline to
keep it powered a little longer until you get out. There is
also a setting on how long the ACC gets powered after
you turn the truck off in the Infotainment settings.

Malodave

vkern83

Reaction score
You could try something like this (link below). I have used the ELK timer relays on my older Harley’s that I retrofitted with HIDs to keep the headlight off through the ignition cycle/start to prevent damaging the ballasts. This was all before we had LED technology. You can easily set the time delay via a rheostat on the PCB for power on or off (normally open or normally closed circuit). You can find small plastic enclosures on Amazon to enclose the PCB and wiring too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will look for the accessory power delay in the infotainment system. If I cannot find it then the delay timer may be my only way to go.

jimchi

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread