5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a solution to a misaligned steering wheel after lift on ‘21 Longhorn

Trvaleri

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Longhorn 1500 that I had lifted 3.5" in the front and 2" in the rear. The truck was aligned as part of the lift/tires/rims. When I got it back I noticed the steering wheel is slightly misaligned by about 1/2" to the right, and it drives me crazy. I'm not interested in going back to the shop that did the lift (long story), so I've taken the truck to two different tire shops to check alignment. They both confirmed that the alignment was correct and within spec, but wouldn't touch the misaligned steering wheel. I just got back from the dealer who said they won't touch it either.

Any words of wisdom or advice out there?

Last edited:

Jackieee_Ram

Reaction score
Solution - Find a alignment shop…

Also I find it hard to believe that you took the truck to “two different tire shops to check alignment and they both said it was correct and within spec.” Which shops in the right mind would take your truck in on their alignment rack. Attach the target plates on the wheels and check to see if your alignment is within spec and refuse to correct a simple steering wheel center.

Just PAY a shop to do a front end alignment again since you’re not going to take it back to the first shop that you PAID for the lift/wheels/tires/alignment 🥴

Trvaleri

Reaction score
Solution - Find a alignment shop…

Also I find it hard to believe that you took the truck to “two different tire shops to check alignment and they both said it was correct and within spec.” Which shops in the right mind would take your truck in on their alignment rack. Attach the target plates on the wheels and check to see if your alignment is within spec and refuse to correct a simple steering wheel center.

Just PAY a shop to do a front end alignment again since you’re not going to take it back to the first shop that you PAID for the lift/wheels/tires/alignment 🥴
Believe it or not, both Les Schwab Tire and another nameless shop (I give them a ton of my fleet work) here in Fresno wouldn’t touch the steering alignment. The guy at the original shop was practically useless, so I won’t be going back there either. I suppose I will call around tomorrow to see if someone will align my steering wheel. I’m not technical, so I assume it is something that can actually be done.

Jackieee_Ram

Reaction score
Believe it or not, both Les Schwab Tire and another nameless shop (I give them a ton of my fleet work) here in Fresno wouldn’t touch the steering alignment. The guy at the original shop was practically useless, so I won’t be going back there either. I suppose I will call around tomorrow to see if someone will align my steering wheel. I’m not technical, so I assume it is something that can actually be done.
That explains a lot. Les Schwab is so anal about taking in work/parts from another shop. I purchased the Bilstein 6112 to level the front and called them to install and align it afterwards and they said they can’t install parts they don’t sell. I know it’s a far drive, but try Los Amigos in Modesto if you’re willing to drive up.

Also read up about you post on the Readylift kit. If you like, try the Bilstein 6112 kit to replace that preload spacer type on the front which it causing the much harsher ride than factory

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/