5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a Rebel outside of Florida

Bitwise

Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a Rebel and I’m thinking the 2021s are going to be out of my price range so I’m hoping to find a good deal on a 2020. I’ve read and it has been my experience so far that the RAM dealers in Florida are very hit or miss and are generally unwilling to deal due to the large amount of snowbirds with pockets of cash who pay full sticker. I’ve also read dealer fees, taxes, etc are higher at Florida dealers as well.

I’m willing to travel outside of the state into Georgia and Alabama and maybe even South Carolina. Does anyone have any idea, in general, how the dealers in those states compare to the dealers in Florida?

Thanks

jjones1642

Reaction score
I got mine from Jimmy Britt in Dublin, GA. I got what I feel was a good deal considering a dealership in Tennessee was going to try and charge me $7000 more for a demo truck with 3k miles on it. Jimmy Britt also delivered it 4 hours away for $200. It was great.

Ep3523

Reaction score
I l
I’m looking to buy a Rebel and I’m thinking the 2021s are going to be out of my price range so I’m hoping to find a good deal on a 2020. I’ve read and it has been my experience so far that the RAM dealers in Florida are very hit or miss and are generally unwilling to deal due to the large amount of snowbirds with pockets of cash who pay full sticker. I’ve also read dealer fees, taxes, etc are higher at Florida dealers as well.

I’m willing to travel outside of the state into Georgia and Alabama and maybe even South Carolina. Does anyone have any idea, in general, how the dealers in those states compare to the dealers in Florida?

Thanks
I live in South Florida and experienced what you mentioned. I ended up getting my Rebel in Texas. I got a 2019, the sticker was 56k, I paid 41k out the door. That included 7% sales tax rate (Florida rate) tag, spray-in bed liner, tinted windows and OEM running boards. The dealers in Florida are down right unethical, unprofessional and scum-bags. Good luck.

Bitwise

Reaction score
I l

I live in South Florida and experienced what you mentioned. I ended up getting my Rebel in Texas. I got a 2019, the sticker was 56k, I paid 41k out the door. That included 7% sales tax rate (Florida rate) tag, spray-in bed liner, tinted windows and OEM running boards. The dealers in Florida are down right unethical, unprofessional and scum-bags. Good luck.
That’s an insane deal, best I’ve heard of. That’s got to be at least 30% off. Was this for a new 4x4 crew cab? What other options? Care to share the dealer? For $41k OTD I feel like I’m missing something or there’s a catch.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Some one just posted. Lakeland Dodge Boys, Lakeland Florida, give it a read see if it's worth staying in Florida.

Ep3523

Reaction score
That’s an insane deal, best I’ve heard of. That’s got to be at least 30% off. Was this for a new 4x4 crew cab? What other options? Care to share the dealer? For $41k OTD I feel like I’m missing something or there’s a catch.
Its all about timing. It was a 2019 that was sitting in the lot close to a year and they wanted to move it. It's crew cab, Hemi e Torque, with level two package. Nothing special, standard level two package 27W. The dealer was in the Houston area, 832-535-4730. I made a mistake, the sticker price was $53, 830, plus dealer add on-bed liner, tint, running boards. It was a great buying experience. Everything was negotiated prior, the whole process was about an hour. I purchased the truck the last week of June during the height of Covid which I believe played a big role in the price (plus a first responder discount). I just got lucky. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_9526.jpg
    IMG_9526.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9458.jpg
    IMG_9458.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 24

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in Orlando and just purchased a $60k 2021 Rebel for $48500 (plus tax, title and tag) from Mark Dodge in Louisiana. They have been great to work with and they are even helping me in getting the truck shipped home. Total time dealing with them is probably close to about an hour, from my first question to signing all the paperwork, and working on the shipping details. Whoever recommended them in another thread, I thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread