5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a great DFW area PPF installer....

KCViper

Reaction score
Am considering PPF for the front of my new truck. Have spoken to an installer that I've used in the past and was hoping for those who live in DFW area, you would share your experiences and name those great locations for PPF. Thanks much!!

saylor

Reaction score
my boy alex hart at hart detailing if you on the east side - garlando way guey

tell him saylor sent ya

KCViper

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the replies!! I'll be reaching out....

SzaboTx

Reaction score
I haven't contacted them yet but my buddy got his entire Cadillac ATS done with paint correction for $500 at Dallas Detailing and Buffing, in Addison. It is obviously a smaller car and was brand new, so I'm sure the price would be different.

njt07

Reaction score
I got the partial front bra, windows tinted (heat rejection, uv) and 5 year ceramic from NTX clearbra.

Mostly happy with it, but found a white dog/cat hair on the passenger side mirror under the film and some spots where the grit from the train (I assume) wasn't completly removed during their paint correction stage.

I need to contact them to see about getting these fixed cause it wasn't cheap lol.

DivingOtter

Reaction score
Dumb Question about PPF since I've never had it.... How does it stand up to a regular car wash? There are days when that's all I can get to...

Would it run the risk of stripping it off?

KCViper

Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all. Assuming a competent installer and they rolled the edges, I would not worry too much about it. I hand wash my cars and have PPF on them and have never had any issues.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dumb Question about PPF since I've never had it.... How does it stand up to a regular car wash? There are days when that's all I can get to...

Would it run the risk of stripping it off?

I've pressure washed mine every other week since August, its not going anywhere

BowDown

Reaction score
I got the partial front bra, windows tinted (heat rejection, uv) and 5 year ceramic from NTX clearbra.

Mostly happy with it, but found a white dog/cat hair on the passenger side mirror under the film and some spots where the grit from the train (I assume) wasn't completly removed during their paint correction stage.

I need to contact them to see about getting these fixed cause it wasn't cheap lol.

NTX Clearbra doesn't do paint correction, only iron decontamination. Did you have them send it out somewhere?

BowDown

Reaction score
What did they quote you?

NTX quoted me $1700 for the entire front. Bumper, headlights, front fenders and flares, A-pillars, strip above the windshield, door handle pockets, door edges, whole hood. I had him add a 1.5" strip to the top of the tailgate so I wouldn't touch paint and scratch it when closing the tailgate. I did my own paint correction, took about 8 hours.
NTX outsources paint correct to Drive Auto Appearance https://www.driveautoappearance.com/, they quoted $500 for paint correction because it was a brand new vehicle and shouldn't need much. I declined because that sounded like to me that they would simply clay bar it and hit with a one pass polish and call it done. A good paint correction is minimum $1200-1500. I've done paint correction for 15 years and I would have charged $1500 for what I did to my truck, black paint.

Last edited:

DivingOtter

Reaction score
I'm probably going to have to get mine done in parts... Got several other mods that have to come first price wise... ;)

BowDown

Reaction score
I'm probably going to have to get mine done in parts... Got several other mods that have to come first price wise... ;)

I'd at least get paint correction and ppf done on the front as a 1st mod, repainting a chipped up front isn't cheap and wil bug the pee out of you

njt07

Reaction score
NTX Clearbra doesn't do paint correction, only iron decontamination. Did you have them send it out somewhere?
Yeah they sent it over to drive auto. Honestly looking back I wish I hadn't done anything other than the film. I’m having a hard time seeing any benefit from the ceramic coat.

KCViper

Reaction score
I’m having a hard time seeing any benefit from the ceramic coat.
One of the many benefits of ceramic coating is that it makes washing and especially drying a vehicle very easy and less time consuming. Also protects the paint from bird droppings, lite surface scratches, etc. I am planning on doing the ceramic coating myself as it's expensive to have this done professionally.

BowDown

Reaction score
Yeah they sent it over to drive auto. Honestly looking back I wish I hadn't done anything other than the film. I’m having a hard time seeing any benefit from the ceramic coat.

Your paint should look wet with ceramic coat applied, this aside from the protection and washing benefits

Users who are viewing this thread