5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a bit more of a healthy sound for my 5.7 Hemi

kmblackbear

Reaction score
My Borla Atak. If this is too much you could go for their mid grade version or even the quieter Touring one is better than stock

TheMopars

Reaction score

Anyone have this? Flowmaster 717847

Just installed this one a few days ago. Exactly what I was looking for, a little more low rumble at idle and more Hemi roar when you get on it. No highway drone but you will hear the eco mode a little now but can easily shut that off if it bothers you. This is my daily driver and vehicle we'll use for all my son's travel hockey trips so I didn't want it too loud. It was the perfect sweet spot for me. Cost was around $270 shipped and install took me about an hour taking my time.

Attachments

• IMG_2553.jpeg
    IMG_2553.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2556.jpeg
    IMG_2556.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 57

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could go with a mufflex 18” or 24” bolt on. They run MF mufflers so it’s the same full through design like the 14”.
In my perspective I’ve heard 18”. It’s def a step or two back to quite level all around. Still has a good bark when on it.
24” is completely quite just a tad more then stock all the way around, with just a little bark on it.

Either way all still have advantage of the free flowing exhaust and a tad of weight. Both would def sound really good with LTs and even a cam as a daily driver imo. Not that the 14” won’t be nice. For me, probably get a little loud after a few days

Reaction score
I cut the muffler off and add straight pipe it’s not load since there is two resonators at the end before the tips you can tell it’s a hemi but your neighbors don’t hate you.

Bubba33

Reaction score
I cut the muffler off and add straight pipe it’s not load since there is two resonators at the end before the tips you can tell it’s a hemi but your neighbors don’t hate you.
My buddy did that and it was loud as ____ , and didn't really sound good, just loud.

Reaction score
My buddy did that and it was loud as ____ , and didn't really sound good, just loud.
Mine not loud at all but my 2020 has three cats, a muff and two resonators so just cut off the muffler wasn’t a big deal

rome5982

Reaction score
Just put a Flowmaster 50 Series HD on today. It’s got a nice deep rumble and wakes up when you get on it but also sounds almost stock at highway speed. I’ve only had it for a few hours though so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thinking about getting this or the 50 series delta flow that I had on my last Ram 4.7L V8. Still happy with the performance/sound? No drone in the cabin at highway speeds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online