5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at used 2019+ Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4, do I need to find with anti-spin differential if getting a 4x4???

landk00

Reaction score
Looking at used 2019+ Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4, do I need to find with anti-spin differential if getting a 4x4???

RJS

Reaction score
Not really if you have the Auto 4X4 setting for the transfer case. Neither my 14 Sport nor 19 Laramie 4X4 auto have anti-spin and do fine in Michigan winters. The traction control also helps on the newer trucks. Back before auto and traction control it was much more important. Not so much now unless you want to off-road a lot and then I'd get the locker.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 2019 with the limited slip, and now I have a 2020 without it and I much prefer the limited slip. Sure having it in 4WD helps, but on a dry summer day you sure aren't running it in 4WD. Now you try and and hit a gap in traffic and there's a little gravel on the road and now the rear is spinning like crazy.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
My 2019 Longhorn doesn't have the anti-slip differential. When the roads are wet I put the truck in 4X4 auto. If I don't do this, the rear wheels will lose traction very easily when moving from a start. Also they will spin easily when starting on gravel. I'm pretty used to it now, but I still wish my truck came with it.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It always helps if you can provide more info like where you live, what you plan on doing with it, ect.

Users who are viewing this thread