5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at a 2019 Limited

Leveled

Reaction score
Hello all,
This week I’ll be going to look at a 19’ Limited. I strayed away from the DT after trading in my 19’ Lone Star for an 18’ Cummins. I missed that truck so much that I decided to try to get back into one. I’m not new to 5th Gen’s in general but my Lone Star didn’t have anywhere near the features of this Limited. With that being said, is there anything to look for in particular when inspecting a used Limited truck (air ride, Uconnect etc.)? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• C9C87A27-8881-4648-A4C5-3C0611F0DFAA.jpeg
    C9C87A27-8881-4648-A4C5-3C0611F0DFAA.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 73

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Check the dash for any signs the leather cover is starting to bubble. Check the rear window frame for cracks, along the top on either side of the slider. Check the floor under the rear seat for any signs of water intrusion.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Also check the exhaust manifold.
I don't think I would spend 42k on a used truck outside of a warranty at 60k miles, when stuff can start to get weird.
Maybe if you can get some kind of OEM warranty that covers everything for a year or 2.

Leveled

Reaction score
Also check the exhaust manifold.
I don't think I would spend 42k on a used truck outside of a warranty at 60k miles, when stuff can start to get weird.
Maybe if you can get some kind of OEM warranty that covers everything for a year or 2.
That’s definitely something I plan on looking into. I should hopefully do well enough with my Cummins that I can put a little money in that direction if it’s available

yellowboy

Reaction score
Don't do it !!! A/C will be wimpy and you may have to do the hack on here many have done. Look for stains at rear of headliner indicating a leak or past leak from 3rd light, antenna or window, as well as window frame cracks . And about 100 other possible issues. you are rolling the dice --it was too early in run of a new model.

jjklongisland

Reaction score
I dont think thats a bad price for that truck. Most 2019 limiteds by me with 35k miles are selling for around $55. Looks like a good deal if you ask me. I paid $52k last month for my 2019 Longhorn with only 5,700 miles every option as the limited except air ride and couldnt be happier even with my dash bubbling :mad:.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
My 19 limited has been great except for the ac so I just did the hack. Check the manufacture date if you're worried but would expect that if the guy had issues, they've been addressed.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, I ended up pulling the trigger. They gave me a pretty good deal between that truck and my Cummins. I’m pretty pleased with it. I checked for the normal “issues” the best I could and have come up empty handed so far. Thanks guys!
Didn't happen without pics of it in your driveway. :p

Congrats!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 19 limited has been great except for the ac so I just did the hack. Check the manufacture date if you're worried but would expect that if the guy had issues, they've been addressed.
Curious what this hack is your referring to. Got a 19 limited in December so I have no clue what the a/c is like. We have had a few days in Oklahoma in the 70’s and ran the a/c and it felt ice cold??

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Curious what this hack is your referring to. Got a 19 limited in December so I have no clue what the a/c is like. We have had a few days in Oklahoma in the 70’s and ran the a/c and it felt ice cold??
It's easy enough to search on that. There's all kinds of info on the interwebs about it. But here's one link to a thread on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread