5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longhorn Review at Two Weeks & 1100 Miles

Truckin

Reaction score
I have had my truck just over two weeks, 1100 miles and happy to report I have had zero mechanical issues. Love this truck! Is it perfect? No, minor issues like needing to adjust drivers side doors slightly for better alignment are about it so far. Before ordering my Longhorn I looked at and drove the GM Twins, F150 King Ranch and the Tundra 1794-all nice but overall, none of them match up to the new Ram. Performance is very good; shift points are smooth as silk, braking & handling are excellent and of course the ride is exceptional...I would however like to see a higher output engine option. As for MPG...About what I expected: Mid to high 12's now and expect her to settle in around 14-15MPG. (3.92 gears, 34" tires and a slightly heavy right foot)

Favorite options: Pano sunroof and 12" touchscreen. Favorite feature: The interior-hands down, all of the new Ram interiors rock! Favorite mods/upgrades: BFG KO2's and Ceramic window tinting, including 80 on windshield and sunroof-keeps the interior cooler when parked in sun, offers UV protection for the interior and helps the A/C cool down the cabin much faster.

Most overrated/overhyped option: HK sound system, at a minimum the subwoofer must be addressed-I do know our friends at JL are working on a stealth box! Now I am a bit jaded when it comes to audio...I own a high-end home A/V business and am fortunate enough to listen to some of the worlds finest gear on a daily basis...

No regrets on the Delmonico Red-Awesome color! I also love the two-tone brown filigree interior, however the light carpet and even the tan rubber on the floor mats are a PITA to keep clean...I wish the two-tone brown/black with the lighter filigree seats were an option.

All in all...Ram knocked it out of the park!

Last edited:

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Really like my Longhorn as well, I've had a few minor issues that are being worked out. I agree about the interior, by far my favorite thing about the truck.
Never even crossed my mind to get the pano tinted!! Did the windshield and front sides, guess I'll go spend some more money with the tinting folks now.

Users who are viewing this thread