5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longhorn-owners: Any dash reflections with Longhorn interior?

Swiss Ram

Reaction score
Hi guys

I‘m currently looking for a Ram 1500 Longhorn. Really like that brown interior, but I‘m a bit unsure if there are any known issues about dash reflections in the windshield on sunny days?

Thank you very much & greetings from Switzerland (sorry for any grammatical mistakes, english isn‘t my first language)

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys

I‘m currently looking for a Ram 1500 Longhorn. Really like that brown interior, but I‘m a bit unsure if there are any known issues about dash reflections in the windshield on sunny days?

Thank you very much & greetings from Switzerland (sorry for any grammatical mistakes, english isn‘t my first language)

Welcome! Don't worry about your english, your grammar/typing is better than most people that have english as their first/only language.

As for your question, which brown interior are you referring to? In 2019/2020 there was a two tone brown interior, and 2021 had the 10th anniversary longhorn package (different browns in leather/suede). I test drove a 2019 with the first style, although it was on an overcast day, but no reflection issues on the windshield. I did eventually end up buying the 2021 10th anniversary edition and have had that for over 2 months, have not had any issues with reflections in the windshield. Also have the HUD (heads up display) and that has also worked well in bright lighting. I'm not sure what is being offered for the 2022s in terms of interior color choices, but for reference here's a few pictures of my interior and a picture I took a few weeks back when I was waiting for something and relaxing for a few minutes, showing the windshield on a sunny day.

IMG_5505.jpg
IMG_5514.jpg
IMG_5846.jpg

Hope this helps, keep us updated with your hunt for your ram!

Appyfan

Reaction score
Welcome! Don't worry about your english, your grammar/typing is better than most people that have english as their first/only language.

As for your question, which brown interior are you referring to? In 2019/2020 there was a two tone brown interior, and 2021 had the 10th anniversary longhorn package (different browns in leather/suede). I test drove a 2019 with the first style, although it was on an overcast day, but no reflection issues on the windshield. I did eventually end up buying the 2021 10th anniversary edition and have had that for over 2 months, have not had any issues with reflections in the windshield. Also have the HUD (heads up display) and that has also worked well in bright lighting. I'm not sure what is being offered for the 2022s in terms of interior color choices, but for reference here's a few pictures of my interior and a picture I took a few weeks back when I was waiting for something and relaxing for a few minutes, showing the windshield on a sunny day.

View attachment 102924
View attachment 102925
View attachment 102926

That’s interesting. You have no reflection on your windshield at all? I have a ‘21 Limited with black interior. There is almost always a reflection. I figured it was the windshield angle, not the color.

Attachments

• ECF78F49-7D83-4FC2-8BC5-BEE7F4B645D0.png
    ECF78F49-7D83-4FC2-8BC5-BEE7F4B645D0.png
    642 KB · Views: 31

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
I have had a '20 Longhorn for over a year now with the brown interior and have not noticed any issues with dash reflection on the windshield.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s interesting. You have no reflection on your windshield at all? I have a ‘21 Limited with black interior. There is almost always a reflection. I figured it was the windshield angle, not the color.

Can't say that I have, or maybe being low like that I don't notice it. About to go drive now and it's sunny so I'll check again.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is mine, 2020 Longhorn EcoD.

hBY43Zo.jpg

ben b

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Anniversary Edition with the Mountain Brown upholstery. No problems with reflections for my wife (5' 5") or me (5' 11"). I live in Califronia where it is quite sunny.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 102926

At that angle you can't see over the dash, so your not going to see any reflection.

I have black interior and I can see the gray stitching in the refection on my windshield. It's something I'll probably get used to, but right now it's fairly noticeable. This is a pic from inside my garage and you can see the stitching a little bit. Outside it's more noticeable. Maybe the contrast between the black interior and light stitching makes it easier to see in my truck vs a lighter interior. 20210815_152216.jpg

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At that angle you can't see over the dash, so your not going to see any reflection.

I have black interior and I can see the gray stitching in the refection on my windshield. It's something I'll probably get used to, but right now it's fairly noticeable. This is a pic from inside my garage and you can see the stitching a little bit. Outside it's more noticeable. Maybe the contrast between the black interior and light stitching makes it easier to see in my truck vs a lighter interior. View attachment 102962

Yeah so after going for a drive I did notice some reflection, but I guess I never noticed it before. I forgot to look at first and until I remembered and deliberately looked for it, I never noticed it. Makes sense but it takes so much focus for me to see it, I'm guessing that's what I don't notice it (too busy focusing on other things)...are there any cars that don't have some kind of reflection like this? Angle of the windshield and dash layout differ a lot in vehicles, but I've never had an issue with seeing dash reflection in windshields in all my years of driving.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah so after going for a drive I did notice some reflection, but I guess I never noticed it before. I forgot to look at first and until I remembered and deliberately looked for it, I never noticed it. Makes sense but it takes so much focus for me to see it, I'm guessing that's what I don't notice it (too busy focusing on other things)...are there any cars that don't have some kind of reflection like this? Angle of the windshield and dash layout differ a lot in vehicles, but I've never had an issue with seeing dash reflection in windshields in all my years of driving.
Yep, every car/truck/airplane has some sort of reflection. I only notice it when I'm driving through my 'hood. Once I'm out in the city, it disappears with the rest of the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread