5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longhorn in eastern WA

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Ha! Don't listen to PorBoy, Auroracrack. That is a pretty Longhorn. How do you like the New Saddle / Black interior? I fell in love with the Light Mountain Brown/Mountain Brown with the filigree on the seats and now I'm a little worried that Ram will stop including the filigree in the 2021 models. :)

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh no lol I meant that in a good way, I’m assuming it was perceived wrong. I never come on here insulting anyone’s choice of anything they do to and with their vehicle. I was saying we won’t hold it against him that he took sooo long to post.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Oh no lol I meant that in a good way, I’m assuming it was perceived wrong. I never come on here insulting anyone’s choice of anything they do to and with their vehicle. I was saying we won’t hold it against him that he took sooo long to post.
That's my bad, PorBoy! I thought you were teasing Auroracrack about buying the Longhorn. :) No harm meant from my end, either.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Lol it’s ok as I don’t get insulted easily. I like when folks posts their vehicles even if they don’t plan on adding anything to it. Just knowing they are enjoying it makes me enjoy it. :)

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, I'm in Eastern WA too!
Nice truck! I really dig the delmonico red in the sun. Welcome to the forum.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Lol it’s ok as I don’t get insulted easily. I like when folks posts their vehicles even if they don’t plan on adding anything to it. Just knowing they are enjoying it makes me enjoy it. :)
Me too, and I love reading about all the mods and the things people have learned about their Rams. For instance, the latest article about the long term review of the 2019 Ram 1500 had lots of useful insights regarding things the authors liked, didn't like, and could have done without. That article even made me question some of the things I asked for when I ordered my truck. :) This forum has really helped make me aware of things regarding the new Ram 1500s that has only solidified my decision to buy one.

PorBoy

Reaction score
The funny part is the whole reason I have my Ram is no longer a concern as my family never rides with me. I could have purchased it exactly as I wanted it and modded it once. Now I have a truck that never leaves the driveway, yet has a ton of stuff added to it. That’s why for my project car I am getting it solely for my wants/ needs and the rest of them can roll in our other vehicles. :)

ptatom

Reaction score
Ha! Don't listen to PorBoy, Auroracrack. That is a pretty Longhorn. How do you like the New Saddle / Black interior? I fell in love with the Light Mountain Brown/Mountain Brown with the filigree on the seats and now I'm a little worried that Ram will stop including the filigree in the 2021 models. :)
I am actually trying to custom order a 2021, they are telling me the Light Mountain Brown/Mountain Brown is not offered. Just the New Saddle/black interior on a Longhorn. Anyone else heard this?

PorBoy

Reaction score
Wait lol I thought I had cleared all of this up from having folks quote meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :)

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I am actually trying to custom order a 2021, they are telling me the Light Mountain Brown/Mountain Brown is not offered. Just the New Saddle/black interior on a Longhorn. Anyone else heard this?
I haven't seen that in writing, but the NADA build site for 2021 Rams only shows two options for 2021 Ram Longhorns, and neither is Lt Mtn Brn/Mtn Brn. Here's the link: https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2021/Ram-Truck/1500/Longhorn-4x4-Crew-Cab-57-Box/Optional-Equipment (I had to enter this from my laptop; phone did not want to work right). If you click "Select Your Options" and go down to the seats, there are only 2 options listed now, whereas the 2020s show all three options. :( However, there is an option for a 10th Anniversary package as well, which might make up for losing the filigree'd seats.

Last edited:

NASAGUY

Reaction score
The NADA site is wrong. I just ordered a Longhorn with Lt Mtn Brn. The only odd thing is that it shows the seat color, but does not show the interior color. In other words, unlike 2019-20, it would show "Mt Brown with the interior as a brown" and that is simply not listed as an option, so I'm not sure what you get when you order the Mtn Brown, as there is no other information. There is also an option for folding chrome trailer mirrors. Since they have to be electric (vs the manual folding mirrors which come with the trailer package), there is a possibility that the surround view cameras will be in those mirrors, but no one knows for sure at this point. The NADA guide is also wrong about ordering the 10th anniversary package. It is required on the Longhorn (it automatically filled in when the order was placed). I'm not sure what triggers the 10th anniversary package (chrome body side moldings....I'm not a fan), but a few other items.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I am glad to hear that the Lt Mtn Brn/Mtn Brn option is still there, and I am hoping it comes with the 10th Anniversary package, but the dealership sales manager wasn't sure. He also made it seem like we had to order the 10th Anniversary edition because that was the only thing available. It wasn't until other people on the forum indicated that they ordered the 2021 Longhorn without the 10th Anniversary package that we realized it was optional. I really like the filigree on the seats, and I will be disappointed if the 10th Anniversary only comes with the new/black saddle leather without the filigree, but I will still be happy with my new Longhorn. :D

NASAGUY

Reaction score
It is so confusing. You do not have to order the 10th Anniversary Edition BUT, something else I wanted "automatically triggered" the 10th Anniversary edition. I do not know what group triggered it. Technology group or Trailer Tow Group? I'm not sure, but at some point during the build (I was watching), the 10th anniversary edition field was automatically populated. I'm pretty sure it means chrome body side moldingMine definitely says "Premium leather Bucket Seats" and "Mountain Brown", but does not make clear, as with the 2020 whether it is the seats AND the interior (which was how they came) or just the seats? The guy doing the order did not know either. The whole thing is a mystery at this point. The Tech group comes with a heads up display. Having raced cars, it was invaluable so I'm glad to have that. Trailer package includes the knob like Ford which aids in backing up a trailer. I don't know if I will ever use that, but who knows....it may make backing into a spot quicker when under pressure.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I completely agree. Based on what the NADA site is reporting, I should be getting exactly the truck I want. But, something I noticed on the NADA site is that when I select the 10th Anniversary edition, it changes the wheel selection to the 20" OWLs. My build has the 22" rims, so I am intrigued to see what comes with the truck. Will I get the 22" rims I ordered, or the 20" rims that come with the 10th Anniversary package? Also, according to the NADA site, the 10th Anniversary package comes with the MFT, which I am OK with since I want the MFT and did not see it on my POC. Assuming the NADA site is accurate regarding what comes with the 10th Anniversary package, then all I really need to cross my fingers about is the filigree'd seat leather. I am really hoping they keep the Lt Mtn Br/Mtn Brn with filigree leather for the seats. Those have to be the coolest seats I have ever seen.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Poorboy is "Good People" I've been an avid member of 5thgen for over 2 years and Poorboy has helped me on multiple occasions w/ positive feedback & advice!

PorBoy

Reaction score
Thank you, I know that comments can be misconstrued via forums, but I hold no ill will towards anyone’s build.

Users who are viewing this thread