5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longhorn floor mats literally falling apart

myles

Reaction score
So basically just as the title, the front floor mats in my longhorn are falling apart, pieces are breaking off and the plastic/rubber is cracking. Normally I would say this is bad luck and a bad batch of rubber and I assumed ram would replace it, but after 3 or 4 weeks with ramcares they are insisting the floor mats that came with the truck are factory accessories and not covered under any warranty.

I don’t baby my truck, but I don’t abuse it either. I wear work boots during the week but I would assume they would make floor mats that can stand up to the intended use. Guess I’m just going to be to buying some weathertechs, at least I know they will honor their defect warranty. It’s a shame because I really liked the look of these floor mats too.

9486AA55-8EE6-48BB-AC2D-E8EF82DA3C42.jpeg
9D02F02B-8C6A-454D-AE5A-63508AB1B5D5.jpeg FD25D5E6-9984-413D-B64A-8FF1D70B89DE.jpeg B4EFE2F5-3F58-46BC-8E6B-9B5EEA1A222E.jpeg 5B44E00E-1E4B-478C-A212-386843F57A49.jpeg

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow...those look super dried-out. Curious as to where you’re located.

myles

Reaction score
Wow...those look super dried-out. Curious as to where you’re located.
Southern California, never seen floor mats do this before and we have 6 work trucks all with factory floor mats. You can pull at the floor mats and pieces will just break off.

Reverse

Reaction score
I know this experience has probably turned you off buying anything mopar right now, but their slush mats are actually the best you can get right now (and pretty cheap too if you find a coupon. I used to swear by Weathertech (and still think their mats are great), but the Mopar slush mats are a cut above.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Southern California, never seen floor mats do this before and we have 6 work trucks all with factory floor mats. You can pull at the floor mats and pieces will just break off.
Yeah, that’s crazy. Mine look brand new (built 8/18), but I have the black/saddle interior.

Mrmomzz

Reaction score
I have a 20000 mile longhorn and my mats are falling apart too. Bad rubber. Dodge should replace them.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
So if the floor mats are considered factory accessories, not covered under warranty, why did they issue a recall on the early version of the slush mats? Another question is, aren't the power steps also a factory accessory? I know for a fact that those are covered under the original 3/36 warranty if installed from the factory. Something smells a little off here.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Warranty issues aside, FCA is sourcing junk "rubber" like I've seen with Dorman products.

The column shifter boot on the HD's is pure garbage and everyone with trucks 1-2 years old or less are complaining of rot/decay/wear.

Shame of FCA for low bidder (assumed) chicom sourced product.

FWIW, my Husky X-Act Contour mats have been great. The new weathertech mats are too slippy.

pilottim

Reaction score
Everyone knows Longhorns and Limiteds aren't supposed to get dirty or be used as real trucks! They're pavement queens and cowboy Cadillacs! *end sarcasm*

My '19 Longhorn with 26k miles is starting to show similar signs of wear on the floormats. I have not had positive experiences at local dealers, so I'm fairly certain I'll be in the same boat as you soon and looking for aftermarket replacements. Another item to add to the "real truck users did not design it" list.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still have mine in the packing plastic in the garage and they are fine.

If you want them replaced you need to have one get jammed up under a pedal. Presto they are all recalled.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
First thing I ordered for my Limited was the Mopar slush mats. Received them before I even had possession of the truck. The Limited floor mats look nice, but don't have nearly the coverage the slush mats have. Now they're sitting in the basement until such time as I ever sell or trade this truck in.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the North package when I bought my Ram and those rubber ones came with the truck - hands down the best factory floor mats I have ever seen. I later bought a set of the regular floor mats so I'd have something soft for my dog in the back seat. My front ones are still sitting in the garage, unused - I put them in a couple of times to see how I liked them and immediately went back to the rubber ones. Those rubber ones are the real deal, and of course I got the driver's one replaced under the recall so it's like new.

myles

Reaction score
Ya, 64k miles now and I trashed all the factory floor mats, the driver side literally ripped in half from me taking it out once a week to clean it off and where my heel sits it wore a hole through it. I ended up going with the mopar all weather floor mats and they seem pretty nice, got them for about $150 on ebay for front and back

Reaction score
So basically just as the title, the front floor mats in my longhorn are falling apart, pieces are breaking off and the plastic/rubber is cracking. Normally I would say this is bad luck and a bad batch of rubber and I assumed ram would replace it, but after 3 or 4 weeks with ramcares they are insisting the floor mats that came with the truck are factory accessories and not covered under any warranty.

I don’t baby my truck, but I don’t abuse it either. I wear work boots during the week but I would assume they would make floor mats that can stand up to the intended use. Guess I’m just going to be to buying some weathertechs, at least I know they will honor their defect warranty. It’s a shame because I really liked the look of these floor mats too.

View attachment 76572
View attachment 76573 View attachment 76574 View attachment 76575 View attachment 76576
I took mine out of my Longhorn and replaced them with Husky Liners. I’ll use the OEM mats for summer/spring.

Users who are viewing this thread