5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longest trip so far - very impressed

Glenn54

Reaction score
I put very close to 3,000 miles on the Laramie in the last two weeks. We drove from East Texas to Cloudcroft & Albuquerque NM then to Durango Colorado and back. The truck ran great, averaging about 19 mpg. The ride was very quite and smooth. The truck handled the cross winds and the mountains easily. The only issue I had was the engine sputtering and being a little hard to start when the ambient temp was around 30* and the engine was cold. Once it started and warmed up a minute, it was fine. I think I have read this has been an issue with others. If yes, was the issue resolved? At the end of the trip, I now have 6,200 miles. Couldn't ask for a better truck as far as I am concerned.

heydre

Reaction score
The only issue I had was the engine sputtering and being a little hard to start when the ambient temp was around 30* and the engine was cold. Once it started and warmed up a minute, it was fine. I think I have read this has been an issue with others. If yes, was the issue resolved?
Were you at a high altitude?

heydre

Reaction score
Yes, I was at a high altitude. I didn't think to mention that.
Just wondering because I saw a TFL vid where another FCA vehicle (Jeep) was having probs at altitude until it came back down.

Users who are viewing this thread