5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longer headrest Posts for Tall People

Kevin S

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of longer headrest posts to accommodate either people with longer torsos or heights over 6' 3".? I will say I have had this problem with every truck. I am tall and have a long torso. The headrest at its highest point is not high enough, and its fairly uncomfortable on longer excursions when I try to sit without slouching in my seat. I have moved the headrest to many positions trying to see if there is a cofortable hieght/position to no avail. I called RAM Customer Care and inquired if there were any remedies that I could purchase, and that was useless. It was a 15 minute phone call for the rep to tell me I might try taking the head rest out......really? So I could break my neck in an accident?.....any Ideas?

grinch72

Reaction score
Interesting question. I'm 6'5" and I think its the best headrest I've ever had in any vehicle. I'm able to raise and tilt it forward to exactly where I want it. Just goes to show you that everyone is different!!

Kevin S

Reaction score
Still haven't found a solution....its not really just the headrest. If the seat were six inches taller and the Headrest on top of that, it would be perfect for me. I guess I am finding out I have a freakishly long torso...

Users who are viewing this thread