5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Tube Headers: Potential Choices

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put longtubes on an SRT Jeep once... Never again. Sound was awesome, but meh... I didn't really notice any performance gains, even with a tune. Was in constant fear of having a warranty issue come up, and then getting denied since I had modified the vehicle. Also had gasket leaks and started to hate the Jeep because of the raw exhaust smell.

lrobbi

Reaction score
Hi, Wanted to wait a few days before I posted about the American Racing Headers so I could give some feedback. My systems is bolted to the B2 Fabrication Muffer. Let me start by saying the sound is amazing with this combination. It did not increase the exhaust much but there is a little burble sound as "if" it has NO cats,... however I did in fact get the Hi-Flo Cat options. I purchased the ARP bolts (ARP 440-1201 Header Bolt Kit 12ptMopar 5.7/6.1L Hemi) instead of using the ones that came with the ARH kit. I have a pretty good performance shop that are very "attention to detail oriented". This was good as they knew that a small alteration has to be done after the Y-pipe. Please see the pic. I am over all VERY pleased with everything. I do NOT have a CHECK Engine light on. if you order your KIT from ARH please make sure you tell them its a 2019 DT Body.... this way they will send you the correct O2 Sensor Extensions. My performance shop told me that the later Rams have different connectors and will not work for the 2019 DT body.
Hope this information helps anyone on the fence... and also ARH arestill running a special on these....10% off and free shipping.. and believe me this box is BIG. IMG_7043.jpg IMG_7034.jpg IMG_7035.jpg IMG_7036.jpg IMG_7037.jpg IMG_7038.jpg IMG_7039.jpg IMG_7040.jpg IMG_7041.jpg IMG_7034.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7042.jpg
    IMG_7042.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 9

SColang22

Reaction score
Hi, Wanted to wait a few days before I posted about the American Racing Headers so I could give some feedback. My systems is bolted to the B2 Fabrication Muffer. Let me start by saying the sound is amazing with this combination. It did not increase the exhaust much but there is a little burble sound as "if" it has NO cats,... however I did in fact get the Hi-Flo Cat options. I purchased the ARP bolts (ARP 440-1201 Header Bolt Kit 12ptMopar 5.7/6.1L Hemi) instead of using the ones that came with the ARH kit. I have a pretty good performance shop that are very "attention to detail oriented". This was good as they knew that a small alteration has to be done after the Y-pipe. Please see the pic. I am over all VERY pleased with everything. I do NOT have a CHECK Engine light on. if you order your KIT from ARH please make sure you tell them its a 2019 DT Body.... this way they will send you the correct O2 Sensor Extensions. My performance shop told me that the later Rams have different connectors and will not work for the 2019 DT body.
Hope this information helps anyone on the fence... and also ARH arestill running a special on these....10% off and free shipping.. and believe me this box is BIG. View attachment 21776 View attachment 21777 View attachment 21778 View attachment 21779 View attachment 21780 View attachment 21781 View attachment 21782 View attachment 21783 View attachment 21784 View attachment 21777
What did it end up running you? I’m debating g installing myself

lrobbi

Reaction score
What did it end up running you? I’m debating g installing myself

Total cost from AMR out the door was $1658.00
Savings of: $184.00 + shipping

Not to bad on the saving, and they seem to be very goo quality, welds, finish etc.

DeDax

Reaction score
Anymore you can share about your results? How has the truck responded? Any noticeable increase? Any driveability issues? NO CEL? I was under the impression that all LT had to be tuned ?

SColang22

Reaction score
Total cost from AMR out the door was $1658.00
Savings of: $184.00 + shipping

Not to bad on the saving, and they seem to be very goo quality, welds, finish etc.
i meant install

lrobbi

Reaction score
Anymore you can share about your results? How has the truck responded? Any noticeable increase? Any driveability issues? NO CEL? I was under the impression that all LT had to be tuned ?

The truck has responded well to these LT headers. What I mean is prior the install - 60 mph to 84 mph was much much slower in this higher passing speed... now the acceleration and responsiveness is so much quicker. I can tell I lost a little torque however it gained some horsepower for sure. Now that said, I do not have numbers on this, I am waiting on HP Tuners to get the tune for these 2019 models, I have been emailing them to stay in contact so I know when they release it. This will involve, a unlocked PCM and module etc. ($900 plus) and then your performance shop to tune it ($650 plus).
Nothing bad or negative on the drivability issues. It drives the same and I have NO CEL at all.... My performance shop thought I would... NOPE nothing!
Now soon as I get it tuned... the performance will be even more noticeable and then I can give up the CANNED Pulsar Edge. For now, I am loving this, it sounds incredible and I am getting the acceleration at the mid-higher ends that it lacked.

hope this info helps - let me know if you have any other questions

lrobbi

Reaction score
Also forgot to add...
I had a small... small amount of drone sound prior to the installation of LT... AND that has even gone. I think that drone sound was a combination of my B2 Muffler working with the stock resonators / stock CATS.... Well - that is gone, and the sound is a crackle / pop occasionally with a more deepness to it. It did not get louder - it did get more deeper!

Last edited:

SColang22

Reaction score
my place was $800.00 / Northern VA area.
That’s not hurtful. I’m going to wait for kooks and see if it really is a straight bolt with no pipe mods. If so I’ll probably just do it myself

Users who are viewing this thread