5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Time Ram Owner who Switched, but Wants Back In

George Bednar

Reaction score
It is a long story, but I have had several Ram's going back to 2006. Latest was a 2020 2500 Laramie Cummins diesel. I traded it due to getting a permanent camping site and no longer needed to pull the camper. I am currently driving a 2020 F150 that is a nice truck, but no where near the Laramie's and Limited's I am used too. There is a 2021 Laramie available near me, but it is the 5.7 Eco boost. I have no history with this motor. Any words of wisdom / suggestions on them?

beetlespin

Reaction score
5.7 is Ram Hemi normally asperated.

EcoBoost is Ford single or twin turbo.

I think you may be confused.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I hear you, this is my first Ram Limited in 10 yrs. Yesterday I rode in my friends new High Country Silverado and the interior is NO comparison.
I feel GM has a much more stable control architecture than Ram but oh well, just disconnect my battery every once and a while and im usually good to go.
Tom

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wait until the 2024 mid-cycle refresh. Why buy the older spec now when you can wait a little for revised one?

The market should also be better in regards to buying new trucks. You maybe able to buy a new truck with more incentives than a used one now in the current market. If you are fine with your current truck, hold on for another year or so.

George Bednar

Reaction score
Thanks for your response SD. Any idea what the refresh will entail? I am not sure I can handle driving the F150 another 1-1.5 years though. Appreciate your input.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for your response SD. Any idea what the refresh will entail? I am not sure I can handle driving the F150 another 1-1.5 years though. Appreciate your input.

It should have slight revisions to the front and rear cosmetically, usually headlights/grill and maybe tail lights. Maybe some interior changes and highly likely the new Hurricane V6TT will become available. However, the Hemi 5.7L will still be there.

Expect about a year, this time next year they will be introducing it, or maybe closer to Sept.

George Bednar

Reaction score
It should have slight revisions to the front and rear cosmetically, usually headlights/grill and maybe tail lights. Maybe some interior changes and highly likely the new Hurricane V6TT will become available. However, the Hemi 5.7L will still be there.

Expect about a year, this time next year they will be introducing it, or maybe closer to Sept.
I appreciate your inputs SD, but I purchased a 2022 Ram Limited a day or so ago. Just could handle the differences the Ford had. Nothing to do with being a Ford, just personal preferences I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread