5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long time GM guy now with a Ram Rebel

rpej88ta

Reaction score
Hello to all. I’ve been a GM guy my entire life and the 2019 Ram 1500 design converted me. I am now driving a 2019 Ram Rebel which is monotone bright white. Love it !

Attachments

• 6A392726-E9E3-4CDA-B1BF-519194ABECD5.jpeg
    6A392726-E9E3-4CDA-B1BF-519194ABECD5.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 45

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello to all. I’ve been a GM guy my entire life and the 2019 Ram 1500 design converted me. I am now driving a 2019 Ram Rebel which is monotone bright white. Love it !

Welcome aboard. Why not a new Silverado or Sierra? Just curious.

XDBrad

Reaction score
GMC convert here as well, absolutely no regrets! I had a 2018 SLT picked out and a deal all but brokered and then... I test drove a 2019 Ram. As with everything there are some trade offs between the Ram and GM but the positives tip the scales for the Ram. Styling, ride, appearance of the Ram are unmatched. Power, quality, MPG, and value for price are about even. What I don’t miss about my SLT is the horrid transmission shifts, cylinder deactivation shutter, the clunking in the transfer case/rear end, and those square wheel wells.

rpej88ta

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Why not a new Silverado or Sierra? Just curious.
Previous truck was a 2011 Silverado LTZ. Great truck and very reliable. Never went to the shop. I was down to a 2018 Denali (discounts were $13k) and the Rebel. Two totally different trucks, right ? The GMC seemed like I was just getting a newer truck with almost the same styling. It just did not do it for me and I thought I would regret the purchase. As far as the GM 2019’s, I did not care for the styling and especially the interior.

The Rebel ride is smooth, rides high, and I enjoy the technology and styling in the interior. The interior really reminds me of the Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, (3) Trans Am’s I had in the past. The Rebel filled the sports car passion from my past as well as giving me a great truck to tow my boat. As I have no experience with Ram, Chrysler, Dodge, etc. I am hoping I get the reliability as I had with GM.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw this livestream on Youtube some time ago and the guy made some interesting points:
(Ram Shocker)

The main point was to talk about an incredible December sales jump for Ram (44% year over year!) but he made another point that resonates with me.

Apparently GM does not have "brand heads". That is, they don't have executive leadership at the head of Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, or GMC. Instead they have one guy, Mark Reuss, who is at the head of all brands and makes the final decisions.

The complex nature of modern vehicles makes this a bad structure, in the sense that one guy can't possibly be in touch with what buyers want across all brands. Mark Reuss is also a car guy, not a truck guy. Questions are beginning to bubble up if the new 2019 GM trucks missed the mark because of these things.

Ram, on the other hand, have brand heads. There is one guy at the head of Ram, one at the head of Jeep, and so on. This executive structure means each brand has an internal advocate, an internal champion who focuses only on one vehicle line... and that seems to be working.

GM will release quarterly sales numbers in Jan 2019 and I can't wait to see how Ram trucks did versus Sierra and Silverado.

jdprecour

Reaction score
I am also a GM convert to Ram. The GM motors just aren't holding up anymore, I owned a few avalanches and two Escalade EXT's plus numerous Silverados over my life. My 2010 EXT Plantinum only lasted to 140K miles before I had a flat cam ( Cylinder deactivate action system), dropped valve speed, and it just was never right. The new GM shifts are horrible, the price tag on the God awful 2019's should drive all GM owners to atleast look at RAM

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
Well I currently have a 2018 Silverado that I bought for my girlfriend and I have a 2019 ram Laramie and quite frankly I like both vehicles.

I did test drive both the rebel and trail boss and the rebel is definitely a smoother ride. Off-road wise, they will both serve it's purpose.

When it comes to market and what you get per trim model, RAM comes out on top, GM I believe are completely out of touch to people that buy and/or want a truck.

Users who are viewing this thread