5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long time ford guy looking at Ram

VdMer

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the thread.
Just picked up my new 19' Limited (4x4), about 650 miles on it now. I also traded my 16' F150 Platinum in on the new Ram. Honestly, I've been very pleased with my F150 Platinum, good ride, good features on the interior, and nice upgrade leather. My two previous trucks were 14' Ram Laramie Longhorn and 09' Dodge Ram Longhorn. When I got rid of the 14' I vowed to never buy a Ram again, due to issues throughout the interior and then modules causing transmission to jerk (modules not covered under warranty). One of my employees still owns my old 09' model and he loves it (over 200,000 miles). I test drove new Chevy High Country, GMC Denali, and new Ford. The interior on the Gm's are not upgraded, my wife owns a 2017 $80k GMC Yukon XL Denali and I hate to travel in it because the seats are so uncomfortable (back surgery on lower L6) and the new trucks are no different. The interior of the new Rams are so far advanced that they have raised the bar for all pickup trucks.
I would recommend the Limited over the Rebel due to the ride, nothing beats the ride of this air ride suspension and it offers 4" of height adjustability. I'm not a big fan of the E-torque due to the low speed downshifting felt just like the issues I felt with 14' modules going bad. Gas mileage will not impress you so get the larger gas tank. (but who spends 70k and gripes about fuel mileage?) I'm waiting for my Borla Cat back exhaust now, maybe that will help.
Hope this helps you make up your mind.

Do you know if Ram voids warranty on after-market exhausts? I had a friend who had to fight this with Dodge a few times -- basically they had to prove it wasn't the cause. Became more of a hassle while still under warranty.

Brian1982

Reaction score
I was the same way, always loved the all black interiors and still do. I was set on a fully loaded Laramie with all black interior, however, after opting the Laramie I was in the Longhorn-Limited price range. I really like the Limited but did not want air suspension and did want two tone exterior paint which neither could be opted on the Limited. I have never liked two tone interiors, especially those of Ford’s King Ranch. Just so happened when I was at the dealer ordering my truck they had a Longhorn with the black/ new saddle interior in the showroom. My wife and I both absolutely loved it so Longhorn it was. If for not seeing it first hand I may have went with the loaded Laramie with all black interior. I absolutely understand the lighter interior colors with younger kids. Fortunately my kids are older now so I could take a chance on it and hope it holds up! That’s the nice thing about all these choices and options, I’m sure you will enjoy whatever you decide on. IMO you can’t go wrong with any of these ‘19 Rams.
Well sir, I went by the dealer today and looked at the longhorn black and saddle interior and damn. I just looked at your truck and that is amazing. I want almost your exact truck. The two-tone patriot blue with black and saddle interior. I want the 5'7" bed with ram box. Just waiting for them to release the ecodiesel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well sir, I went by the dealer today and looked at the longhorn black and saddle interior and ****. I just looked at your truck and that is amazing. I want almost your exact truck. The two-tone patriot blue with black and saddle interior. I want the 5'7" bed with ram box. Just waiting for them to release the ecodiesel.

Sounds great, glad you got to see it first hand. I was not so sure about the interior myself until I saw it. Wish you the best!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well sir, I went by the dealer today and looked at the longhorn black and saddle interior and ****. I just looked at your truck and that is amazing. I want almost your exact truck. The two-tone patriot blue with black and saddle interior. I want the 5'7" bed with ram box. Just waiting for them to release the ecodiesel.

Boom. Pure awesomeness. Fingers crossed we get some ecoDiesel info on Monday like you mentioned.

Brian1982

Reaction score
I was looking at some stuff and it kinda makes sense due to the auto show in LA (I think). The word is that Ford is unveiling the new super duty. I hope we get this news and that we can order soon

Users who are viewing this thread