5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long-Term 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport: First Tank MPG:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow you guys just got it and 7 hours, I have had mine for 4 months and have 3;):LOL:

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, so now is the time for everyone to chime in how the computer is not accurate and you need to hand calculate for accuracy. Personally, I think the computer may be more accurate because it can measure fuel flow....but many will claim that it lies.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance you guys are planning on some written articles about this long term test? For those of us who can't listen and watch, sometimes it's nice to just be able to read, after all, the forum's content is 99.999999% written word. I (personally) skip videos on both my phone and laptop due to not wanting to make noise when surrounded by others. (I know headphones exist, but it's still an extra thing to do)

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any chance you guys are planning on some written articles about this long term test? For those of us who can't listen and watch, sometimes it's nice to just be able to read, after all, the forum's content is 99.999999% written word. I (personally) skip videos on both my phone and laptop due to not wanting to make noise when surrounded by others. (I know headphones exist, but it's still an extra thing to do)

YouTube offers "captions" now!!! LOL

VdMer

Reaction score
i may need to up my Tire pressure...think I'm around 35-37. He appears to be at ~41 or so. Either way, at 6K miles via Fuely, i'm at just under 17, 16.8mpg total...mostly 70/30 City/HWY. Not terribly off from what I expected at this point. My Computer is off marginally at 17.3mpg - so I think it's been fairly accurate w/o getting into finer points of idle/drive etc.

lylemsharp

Reaction score
I've got the adaptive cruise control on the V-8 Hemi and with that and the Lane Keeping Assist engaged, under 17 mpg on the highway. I'll do my 52 mile run home from work without those grey hair reducing features this afternoon and see if we get something better. In the meantime, I'm not happy with the Mpg. Granted, I was buying something that could tow 5 Prius, so I wasn't really expecting high fuel efficiency, but I was expecting a competitive Mpg number from my previous 2015 Silverado Z71 5.3 liter V8. I would usually get 21 Mpg on the morning commute and 17-18 in the afternoons (more traffic + temperature) with the older GM product. I can't get even close to that morning number with this Ram. Good thing I got the 33 gallon tank. Looks like I'm going to kick in a good bit more on gas per year.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
.... (I know headphones exist, but it's still an extra thing to do)

Not if you have an iphone and a pair of airpods --As much technology that exists today, nothing continues to amaze me how the second u put an airpod in your ear, it IMMEDIATELY & AUTOMATICALLY connects to phone & your music/youtube etc starts playing, take it out, it stops playing, no futzing with the iphone, "no extra step" : ) : ) You can thank Apple's A1 Wireless chip for that : )

i was an Android fan from day 1, but a few years ago made the switch, and i can say this, Apple is one of the few technology's today that has completely lowered my frustration with how "half baked" every single technology performs & delivers their products today.... Sirius XM / Guardian being # 1 on the "Half Baked/ Incomplete List....

I too have spent countless hours for various things on the phone with them, and not one time has ever not occurred that i'm like, "HOW is this possible?! Can a company REALLY have this convoluted & faulty a product and we as consumers just have to accept it?!" The answer every time is a "yes, yes THEY do and yes, yes WE do"... Sad, really, but i've given up "mourning the loss of them being one company turning out a pretty great radio like their 4th gen was"....

Its gotten soooooo bad, that every time i use the radio/backup camera/ and it WORKS & actually accomplishes its mission, i'm like "wow"!

Sorry for this reply being another "How I Detest Sirius/Guardian" rant, but all roads of complaining always lead back to that &*^%$#@! radio....lol

Last edited:

lylemsharp

Reaction score
I've got the adaptive cruise control on the V-8 Hemi and with that and the Lane Keeping Assist engaged, under 17 mpg on the highway. I'll do my 52 mile run home from work without those grey hair reducing features this afternoon and see if we get something better. In the meantime, I'm not happy with the Mpg. Granted, I was buying something that could tow 5 Prius, so I wasn't really expecting high fuel efficiency, but I was expecting a competitive Mpg number from my previous 2015 Silverado Z71 5.3 liter V8. I would usually get 21 Mpg on the morning commute and 17-18 in the afternoons (more traffic + temperature) with the older GM product. I can't get even close to that morning number with this Ram. Good thing I got the 33 gallon tank. Looks like I'm going to kick in a good bit more on gas per year.
Well, at the end of the day, this thing just averages 17 Mpg with mostly highway miles and that's about all I'm going to get.

Users who are viewing this thread