5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Inspection Time

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Order Placed - Nov 23
VIN / VON / Placed in (D) Status - Nov 24
Parts Acquired and Ready to Build (D1) - Dec 30
Build Date - No Idea Yet, still no Window Sticker
Equipment List (Build Sheet) - Jan 14
Still in Inspection (I) since Jan 14th

Conflicting Info from Ram Care / Ram Chat / Dealer

So I’ve been in the (I) Stage for quite some time. There are trucks built on 1/18 (after mine) and arrive days later and are already sold at my dealer, yet mine built before is still in inspection. Others are in paint and ship 2 days later. Waiting for Mopar Accessories? Allocations? I have no idea. Dealer told me estimated ship date is 1/19 with a total time from order placed to arrive at dealer being 4-6 weeks. Was told inspection can take up to 14 days, at day 21 now.

Just wondering how long this inspection status takes for you all, and if there is something wrong, thanks!

Keezer

Reaction score
Huh, ours had the widow sticker come up (about 3 weeks after the build sheet) and then went to inspection (about a day in inspection), seems a bit strange yours is in inspection with no sticker. When we went threw the build process they all said (dealer, Ram chat) when the WS is up its a truck (the truck is built).

With your Jan 14th date may be anytime, like today, for the WS, here hoping at least.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Huh, ours had the widow sticker come up (about 3 weeks after the build sheet) and then went to inspection (about a day in inspection), seems a bit strange yours is in inspection with no sticker. When we went threw the build process they all said (dealer, Ram chat) when the WS is up its a truck (the truck is built).

With your Jan 14th date may be anytime, like today, for the WS, here hoping at least.
Yeah I have no idea at this point.

Rebel19

Reaction score
Order Placed - Nov 23
Build Date - No Idea Yet, still no Window Sticker
Equipment List (Build Sheet) - Jan 14
Still in Inspection (I) since Jan 14th

Conflicting Info from Ram Care / Ram Chat / Dealer

So I’ve been in the (I) Stage for quite some time. There are trucks built on 1/18 (after mine) and arrive days later and are already sold at my dealer, yet mine built before is still in inspection. Others are in paint and ship 2 days later. Waiting for Mopar Accessories? Allocations? I have no idea. Dealer told me estimated ship date is 1/19 with a total time from order placed to arrive at dealer being 4-6 weeks. Was told inspection can take up to 14 days, at day 21 now.

Just wondering how long this inspection status takes for you all, and if there is something wrong, thanks!

I'm in the same boat....

Order Placed and VON- Dec 3
VIN - Dec 4
D1 Status and Build Sheet - Jan 14
No window sticker yet
Stuck in Inspection Stage

No additional information available from everyone I've contacted at Ram or my dealer....

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat....

Order Placed and VON- Dec 3
VIN - Dec 4
D1 Status and Build Sheet - Jan 14
No window sticker yet
Stuck in Inspection Stage

No additional information available from everyone I've contacted at Ram or my dealer....
Mine was in inspection for 32 days I believe. It just entered shipping yesterday. And hopefully I get an eta today or tomorrow and it ships this week, and get it next week latest. But yeah it sucks, I made a case, got it escalated, and trying to get it fast tracked. No word yet on the complimentary mx plan, but I did manage to get my $1500 rebate extended indefinitely from Ram Incentives which is pretty nice I guess. Was very close to getting something else and canceling the order.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update Finally!!!

Order Placed - Nov 23
Equipment List (Build Sheet) / Build Date / Entered Inspection (I) Status - Jan 14 (16th Hour To Be Exact)
Shipping (KZ S) Status - Feb 15th

It officially entered shipping status yesterday and is ready to ship. Asked yesterday from my Case Manager, and further confirmed today with a Ram Rep and my Dealer. TBD ship date still tho, but should get it this or next week I think. My dealer is in Cleveland and they ship via truck same day/following day after it’s loaded from Detroit (Sterling Heights).

Also found out the build date, January 14th, 16th Hour. 32 days in inspection, freakin Crazy. Why was it in there so long, Mopar SHAP site or whatever waiting for parts, something wrong with it, forgotten, any ideas?

No word yet on their response to offering 7 year / 70k miles complimentary mx plan like they were to some people, but they did agree to extend my $1500 Bonus Cash from the Pop Up indefinitely, was set to expire the 22nd of Feb.

Rebel19

Reaction score
Update Finally!!!

Order Placed - Nov 23
Equipment List (Build Sheet) / Build Date / Entered Inspection (I) Status - Jan 14 (16th Hour To Be Exact)
Shipping (KZ S) Status - Feb 15th

It officially entered shipping status yesterday and is ready to ship. Asked yesterday from my Case Manager, and further confirmed today with a Ram Rep and my Dealer. TBD ship date still tho, but should get it this or next week I think. My dealer is in Cleveland and they ship via truck same day/following day after it’s loaded from Detroit (Sterling Heights).

Also found out the build date, January 14th, 16th Hour. 32 days in inspection, freakin Crazy. Why was it in there so long, Mopar SHAP site or whatever waiting for parts, something wrong with it, forgotten, any ideas?

No word yet on their response to offering 7 year / 70k miles complimentary mx plan like they were to some people, but they did agree to extend my $1500 Bonus Cash from the Pop Up indefinitely, was set to expire the 22nd of Feb.
CONGRATS !!!
One thing is for sure - no rhyme or reason for delays and FCA communication is borderline useless !
Hopefully mine moves along soon as well....

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
CONGRATS !!!
One thing is for sure - no rhyme or reason for delays and FCA communication is borderline useless !
Hopefully mine moves along soon as well....
Yeah its crazy, but yeah still don't have the window sticker but they said there are no holds on the vehicle and the status is green. Should get the window sticker sometime from shipping to arriving at the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread