5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Commuters

NJRam93

Reaction score
Anyone else make a long commute with their Ram’s?

2019 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi

130 miles round trip (5 days a week)

I just got the truck a week ago, but the average for the past week seems to be about 17.5-18mpg mostly highway at speeds of 70mph-80mph

What’s the mileage you guys are getting?

judsonlimited

Reaction score
I commute 82 miles a day round trip not included if I go anywhere for lunch. I average about 16 mpg. I sit in a lot of traffic on the way home at night. Hope to change that soon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJRam93

Reaction score
I commute 82 miles a day round trip not included if I go anywhere for lunch. I average about 16 mpg. I sit in a lot of traffic on the way home at night. Hope to change that soon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Especially in the Summer as I live right next to the shore in New Jersey so all of New York and North Jersey come down lol.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I have a 40 mile round trip to work each day, not super long, but most of it is city driving. Traffic, stop lights and average speed of 40-45 mph when moving. I was getting mpg in the 14-15's. After my first oil change to full synthetic I bumped to the 16's. Now I just added an S&B cai and I'm seeing 17's. I'm not complaining at this point, very happy.

R

Rob5589

92 round trip. Leave the house and it is 55-65 for about 90 of it. I ave low to mid 19's. Used to do 156 rt, almost all fwy at 75ish. Glad I don't have to any longer.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to travel from Millville to Wildwood 2xs a day and that summer traffic was killaaaaaa.
Ha! No doubt! I lived in Sea Isle and went to HS in Ocean City. In the summer you could walk anywhere faster than you could drive. I used to pump gas on the Parkway!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else make a long commute with their Ram’s?

2019 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi

130 miles round trip (5 days a week)

I just got the truck a week ago, but the average for the past week seems to be about 17.5-18mpg mostly highway at speeds of 70mph-80mph

What’s the mileage you guys are getting?
I occasionally take mine to the office, almost 100 miles round trip. No idea on the mileage; I've never checked it because I don't care. It's a comfortable ride especially when it's freezing outside.

Users who are viewing this thread