5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lomax owners

PT1911

Reaction score
Does anyone that have a Lomax cover have any concerns with this area rubbing and wearing the paint off? I'm thinking of getting one but that area concerns me.

lowmax_fold.JPG

Pressgrove

Reaction score
No, but mine is definitely different than yours. The rear and center panels on mine don't touch until they are parallel, so the first contact when you flip the rear panel over is on the entire panel face. Yours is only making contact on this edge, even when folded completely over.

I could absolutely see how this would be a problem. I think I would share your photo with Agri-Cover and ask for a resolution (replacement?).

One other observation..... yours appears to be newer than mine. The stand-offs on yours are molded plastic with a molded rubber bumper. Mine is a piece of extruded aluminum with a piece of extruded rubber attached (mine is only 4-5 moths old). I definitely like yours better. Models older than mine had wear pad "stickers" on the top of the front panel. I don't think anyone liked those as they took away from the look of the cover when closed.

They appear to be continually improving the product. I'm sure they would appreciate your feedback.

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

PT1911

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have clarified, that is not mine, I haven't bought one yet. It's a picture off a web site selling them. I saw the pic and thought it could be concerning for the finish of the cover.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have clarified, that is not mine, I haven't bought one yet. It's a picture off a web site selling them. I saw the pic and thought it could be concerning for the finish of the cover.

No, you were clear.... I just didn't read it correctly.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I haven't noticed what you show in the photo. No wear yet, but mine is still basically brand new. I will check in a few and post a photo of what mine looks like in the same position.

Dakota

Reaction score
What’s everyone using to protect the vinyl?
I just used some armor all & wasn’t that impressed.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I have the Lomax, really like it. That area circled doesn't touch the paint, either when manipulating the cover or laying flat / fully covered. But you have made me want to go have a look another look at mine. No concerns here.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I believe it's a powder coated finish, it's not vinyl as it's aluminum. I have wondered what I could use as well, but I would not use Armorall, that usually cuases it to fade faster then nothing at all.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Don't use armor all for anything. Their products are crap. Check out Aerospace 303 protectant. It has UV protection and doesn't make the surface super shiny.

dneuf17

Reaction score
Looking at getting the Lomax, is someone able to get me each fold measurement of the tonneau cover for a 5.5’ bed?

Users who are viewing this thread