5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lomax install help

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Got my Lowmax bed cover in and installed it in about 15 minutes, super easy install.
BUT...can someone who has done an install please let me know how low the rails are supposed to sit? Mine are even with the top of the bed rail and I'm thinking maybe they should be a little lower.

geotex1

Reaction score
Three measures:

1. Open tailgate in the daylight and look for light leakage.

2. Along the sides, your rail should be low enough such that the seal is tight on the Lomax rails and kisses the bed caps with a little passion.

3. Tailgate should pop and release without issue and also close without significant resistance, which you can more or less judge by the tailgate ajar warning being on if you close normally.

I'd say my cover sits about 3/16" from bed cap to top edge of panel.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
such that the seal is tight on the Lomax rails and kisses the bed caps with a little passion.

This right here is the best answer - I lowered my rails my just a few MM and it compresses the seal nice along the entire side & tailgate

Users who are viewing this thread