5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking truck while on.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see you can lock your truck while it’s on. I like this feature if I’m riding with my dogs. I can leave the truck on while I go inside and use the restroom or buy something at a gas station. With that said, let’s say I’m coming back to it truck. Someone smashes the window and gets in. I’m now at the truck door but i can’t get it open for whatever reason. My key fob in my pocket is close enough for the guy to push the brake pedal and start button to activate. If he drives off, will the truck shut down once the key fob is out of range? Also, are you able to shut the engine of via uconnect app or Sirius guardian app?

Last edited:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the truck is already running, then there's no handshake (activation) that needs to happen. If someone gets inside the truck, they can drive until the tank is empty. Once they need to restart the truck, that's where the issue is, and where the key is required.

However, if you were to stop your truck, get out, then lock it and remote start the truck, the handshake is required between the key and the ignition to activate the rest of the truck to be able to drive off. That's my recommendation. Btw, is there anything stopping them from rolling down a window and letting someone get in the truck without breaking it?

Users who are viewing this thread