5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking Lug Nuts (? on part number)

Barqs

Reaction score
I searched for this subject and found that they specify the part number as 82212564_FS for the Mopar locking lug nuts. My question is, does anyone know if that is a different part all together from the 82212564? I ordered what I thought were the right ones but they seem to be about 1/4" too long and poke out. If I get the "FS" ones, will they be shorter and the same length as the lug nuts I take off? My '10 had the same too long locking lugs and they were from the factory.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got them about a month ago and mine are slightly longer too - thought that was just the norm but now that Im seeing your post im questioning it too

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Same for me. “Courtesy” install by dealer at delivery.

Barqs

Reaction score
I was really hoping they had found a closer match, but it appears they sell this same set for most all of their vehicles using the M14x1.5 threads. My wife's Durango has the exact same lugs as my new truck and the locking lug is too long on it as well. I wonder if I can find something closer to the correct length directly from McGard? Has anyone tried to spec one out from them?

Last edited:

RAMRhode

Reaction score
I suppose you could just file down the female end of the lug to the same length.
To be honest, I find the security nut a gimmick. I don’t live in the hood nor do I frequent low income areas. Seriously, how many cars/trucks have you seen on cinder blocks?
These lug nuts are a false sense of security on par with those Tile trackers for keys, etc. Never used it.
Fun fact: I had them on my Toyota. Every 6 months, I would have my tires rotated. One day I had a flat and could not locate the lug key. Grease monkey, apparently forgot to put lug key back in my car and I had to pay for tow and new key. Lesson learned.

Users who are viewing this thread