5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking key fob in truck?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I lock my fob in the truck all the time, haVE to use the Uconnect app. to lock/unlock. I do have passive entry and is enabled. Leave fob in truck, closed the door and lock with app. locks no problem, then use the app. to unlock.
I vaguely remember the salesman talking about this app, is it a pay for subscription kind of thing or free?

gmab

Reaction score
I put the FOB in a small RF Faraday bag (~$10) and put it in the Rambox. I then carry a key or put the key in a hitch safe. With the FOB in the hitch safe it would still unlock the car/tailgate. The RF bag was too big to put into the hitch safe.
I don't put the FOB in the cab because the alarm goes off when you unlock/open with a key.

I do this primarily when running, biking, swimming, and backpacking.

My Uconnect app has expired and I didn't trust it when I had the trial as it didn't always work. (maybe 80% of the time).
I do wish there was a keypad like the Fords.

smashweights

Reaction score
I lock my fob in the truck all the time, haVE to use the Uconnect app. to lock/unlock. I do have passive entry and is enabled. Leave fob in truck, closed the door and lock with app. locks no problem, then use the app. to unlock.

Unfortunately doesn't solve my problem as I then have to take my cell phone paddling and while it's IP68 rated it won't fit in the cubbie and so would be in a pocket or strapped on the board. Definitely don't want to risk saltwater on the phone

yellowboy

Reaction score
Yeah my u connect is up June 19, keep getting notices to renew for 19.99 a month (after taxes etc will be at least 25) they can shove it.

Last edited:

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately doesn't solve my problem as I then have to take my cell phone paddling and while it's IP68 rated it won't fit in the cubbie and so would be in a pocket or strapped on the board. Definitely don't want to risk saltwater on the phone
Not exactly the same, but when I am on my boat (often) I put my iPhone in a quart size ziplock freezer bag, then all my other crap along with the phone in its' own bag inside a gallon ziplock freezer bag. Essentially double-bagging my phone. I know boat /= to paddleboard, but the type of fishing I do, it's very seldom I do not get totally soaked and so does just about everything and everyone else as well, and my boat is a 22 footer.

Sounds like a blocker bag may be your best solution, and take the hard key. Will have to deal with the alarm going off, but w/e.

smashweights

Reaction score
Not exactly the same, but when I am on my boat (often) I put my iPhone in a quart size ziplock freezer bag, then all my other crap along with the phone in its' own bag inside a gallon ziplock freezer bag. Essentially double-bagging my phone. I know boat /= to paddleboard, but the type of fishing I do, it's very seldom I do not get totally soaked and so does just about everything and everyone else as well, and my boat is a 22 footer.

Sounds like a blocker bag may be your best solution, and take the hard key. Will have to deal with the alarm going off, but w/e.

Yeah I've been tossing it in a quart size Ziploc in the cubby for now.

Users who are viewing this thread