5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking floor storage covers in backseat

Parkerduplexes

Reaction score
I have a 2021 longhorn limited 1500 with the in floor storage lockers in backseat. I want to replace passenger side lid with some sort of lock for my wife to keep her purse.
Anybody have links to products they have used that fit 2021

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I have a 2021 longhorn limited 1500 with the in floor storage lockers in backseat. I want to replace passenger side lid with some sort of lock for my wife to keep her purse.
Anybody have links to products they have used that fit 2021
Mopar makes a lock for the lids: part number 82211653

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good finds, but Mopar, what r u thinking, charging $100 for two cheap locks??

ben b

Reaction score
I find it handy to have locking floor storage. I purchased the MOPAR 82211653 -- around $120 for a set of 2 latches. It's very high quality and takes 5 mins to install.
Turns out the latch is actually from Southco. The Southco part number is M1-99-346 for a package of 2. The package label says DS Key Locking Latch & includes the very simple directions on how to install in a RAM. The unit appears to be a standard boat latch. The package also includes 4 keys (both latches are keyed identically).

Other companies make similar style latches. A quick survey looks like they typically go for $30-$40 each (2X for a set).

Users who are viewing this thread