5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locked key in rambox

mharringer

Reaction score
So my wife dropped the truck for me at the airport, and put the key fob in the rambox. Do you think the door will open from that distance, or should i have a friend run a spare fob rescue mission?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my wife dropped the truck for me at the airport, and put the key fob in the rambox. Do you think the door will open from that distance, or should i have a friend run a spare fob rescue mission?
To replicate what I believe your asking, I placed my spare fob in ram box then locked the truck using the lock switch on door panel. As suspected the door unlocked when I touched drivers door handle since there's multiple antennas on the truck. Good for you but dosent that mean anyone could unlock your truck if they touched your door handle?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

mharringer

Reaction score
To replicate what I believe your asking, I placed my spare fob in ram box then locked the truck using the lock switch on door panel. As suspected the door unlocked when I touched drivers door handle since there's multiple antennas on the truck. Good for you but dosent that mean anyone could unlock your truck if they touched your door handle?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
Yep! Free truck available in alaska!!

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a lot of Alaskan airports this summer. From Juneau and Anchorage down to the bush and float plane types. One that was nothing more than a runway and parking area- both dirt.

Based solely on my experience your truck is safe. Everyone we met there was friendly and helpful. ..except for some cab dispatchers in Juneau.

Users who are viewing this thread