5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockable Gas Cap?

Florida RAM

Reaction score
Theres not a lot of siphoning of gas going on. You can't get a large enough tube into the tank to really work. Electric pump, maybe. But most stealing gas just drill the tank.
How often is that happening though? It's not happening where I live.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How often is that happening though? It's not happening where I live.
Not very often, but there have been reported cases in the Omaha metro area. More likely to have your catalytic converter cut off though

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
and apparently, for the new 2022 model, my dealer told me that there is no lockable gas cap available.

TRIBUTE100

Reaction score
I just checked my 2021 Ram 1500 DT Big Horn and with the doors locked my gas flap still opens. I'm not worried about someone stealing gas at my house because I live in
a secluded location, but with gas prices now high you never know when your out and park it someplace. More likely to get the "cats" cut off than gas stolen.
I've got a 2002 Ford Escape we bought used a couple years ago and found out if you have a dead battery you can't unlock the door with a key because the key mechanism is an electrical switch that activates a solenoid that unlocks the door. I put in a wire to the battery with a terminal outside the front grill just in case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread