5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock Gas Door/Cap

SecretAznMan007

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has found any locking gas door / cap for their trucks. I was a bit disappointed the gas door did not lock when the vehicle doors lock. My truck doesn't have a gas cap and only has the door which opens and closes by pushing on it.

Any ideas / thoughts? Thanks!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you're just worried about someone contaminating your gas (like a crazy ex), anyone wishing to steal your fuel will drill you tank to syphon it. There is an inline screen that prevents thieves from syphoning through your gas door.

SecretAznMan007

Reaction score
Yeah I am worried about someone trying to contaminate my gas. Fortunately, my exes aren't that crazy. Could someone potentially place something behind the inline screen so the next time I go to fill up, the contaminants enters my gas tank? **Shrugs**

Just trying to be preventive...

Unless you're just worried about someone contaminating your gas (like a crazy ex), anyone wishing to steal your fuel will drill you tank to syphon it. There is an inline screen that prevents thieves from syphoning through your gas door.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Might work as a deterrent.

f77342ae7d9cca49c052fa716b3c6f97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This question comes up every month or so from people acquiring their first capless gas tank vehicle. There are millions of vehicles on the road with capless / non-locking gas doors. It's a non-issue. I've been on a large number of forums over the years and I don't recall ever running across a thread of someone complaining about sugar or anything like that contaminating their gas. I've had capless non-locking gas doors on cars and trucks since 2008. No problem.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You just haven't pissed off the wrong people. :eek:
Ha ha, you don't know me. I'm a grumpy old fart not afraid to say what I think. It's pissed off a few over the years. I never worry about where I park or leave them. They've been left in airport parking lots for weeks, in sports event parking and generally sketchy places when I left it while driving big trucks. Still these tanks are non-issues

Users who are viewing this thread