5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location of Negative Ground Stud 2021 Ram 1500 Longhorn

RBJ

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has located a stud for use as a Negative Ground connection while using a Battery Tender. I prefer to not use the negative terminal on the battery itself. Other trucks/cars I have owned all had a separate bolt stud marked as a ground connection, but not so for a 2021 Ram 1500 Longhorn apparently. Please advise.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I haven't ever connected a battery tender or any other type of battery charger. But you can always ground to any exposed bare metal on the engine or cylinder head(s).

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The nicely painted factory ground lugs are just to the right of the battery, by the hood strut. Can't miss them.

RBJ

Reaction score
Thanks will check for the studs to the right of the battery near the hood strut, Surprised that these ground lugs are NOT marked as such.
Again, thanks!

Nukegm426

Reaction score
A lot of manufacturers don’t design for people to add things to their vehicles. Therefore they don’t Mark things like that. Some do so as a point for jump starting but that’s it.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Look in the wheel wells behind both headlights and on the fender bedside the battery there are multiple grounds. Pick one.

Drewster

Reaction score
For a battery tender you actually want the clamps on the battery itself - it's tending to the battery, after all. Jumping the vehicle is when you want to find a ground on the engine, because current is going through the engine itself to the starter.

Users who are viewing this thread