5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Local dealer said V8's being discontinued?

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
Went there this morning to ask if any TRX's are being expected (we're in Canada) and he said no, and none in the pipeline expected. And I said, huih, you're the second dealer that Ive been too with none being allocated, and he said, yeah, because this is the last year to get a V8? That surely can't be true?

Granted, I did ask him about the Demon allocations and the delivery list being taken this past Tuesday (I missed it completely but one of my good friends who already has a Demon is second on the list for another one!!! 🤮 ) and this same guy said, Canada is only allocated 500-600 or so. I thought it was 300 so this guy did not seem to have a clue what was going on. ....

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I know the 5.7 is going away for the 1500, replaced with the I6. Not sure of the status on the 6.4 in TRX or HDs though. Charger and Challenger are supposed to go away, but no word on any replacement beyond the EV concept. Whatever they do interim will be built with the I6.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know the 5.7 is going away for the 1500, replaced with the I6. Not sure of the status on the 6.4 in TRX or HDs though. Charger and Challenger are supposed to go away, but no word on any replacement beyond the EV concept. Whatever they do interim will be built with the I6.
No one knows (yet) whether the 6.2L SRT (Hellcat) engine is staying in the TRX for 2024. The Stellantis CEO said it wouldn't change several months ago, but nothing has been announced since. With Dodge discontinuing the Hellcats, most people seem to believe that the TRX won't have it either. But I'm not convinced yet.

Edit: The TRX is the only Ram product with the 6.2L SRT. The HD's have the 6.4L NA engine, and I haven't heard anything about those going away.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We've got a long way to go before we know what's in the '24 TRX, and a longer way to go before such a broad call like "no more v8's" would be true across the board for Ram.
2023 TRX ordering is closed, so whatever is already placed and in progress is going, and nothing new after that for the MY.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Went there this morning to ask if any TRX's are being expected (we're in Canada) and he said no, and none in the pipeline expected. And I said, huih, you're the second dealer that Ive been too with none being allocated, and he said, yeah, because this is the last year to get a V8? That surely can't be true?

Granted, I did ask him about the Demon allocations and the delivery list being taken this past Tuesday (I missed it completely but one of my good friends who already has a Demon is second on the list for another one!!! 🤮 ) and this same guy said, Canada is only allocated 500-600 or so. I thought it was 300 so this guy did not seem to have a clue what was going on. ....
As far as the Demon 170, there is a youtube video, with some top exec being asked. There will be a max of 300 for Canada, and a max of 3,000 for the US. They are building on a time line and may not build that many, that is the max. People who already have one, get a priority, where if they have #78, they have the option to get #78 again. He went in to all the parameters of availability.

Dewey

Reaction score
As far as the Demon 170, there is a youtube video, with some top exec being asked. There will be a max of 300 for Canada, and a max of 3,000 for the US. They are building on a time line and may not build that many, that is the max. People who already have one, get a priority, where if they have #78, they have the option to get #78 again. He went in to all the parameters of availability.
Seems unfair. Should be you snooze you lose. First come first served.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A guy on the TRX forum with a Demon said it’s not really working out like that. Yes, you can get one, but it’s at whatever price the dealer wants. I’m hearing as high as $250k over MSRP. Insane…that car isn’t worth $350k.

6of36

Reaction score
A guy on the TRX forum with a Demon said it’s not really working out like that. Yes, you can get one, but it’s at whatever price the dealer wants. I’m hearing as high as $250k over MSRP. Insane…that car isn’t worth $350k.
Koons told me $250.00 over sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread