5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loaded Rebel or Limited?

A4Owner

Reaction score
I noticed that when I spec out a Rebel with all the options [main must haves for me are: the air suspension, the luxury group of the high end stereo, 12 inch monitor, the massive sun roof, high end leather steering wheel and for me the ram boxes} the price isn't far from what Limited models start at. I think the Limited is such an amazing truck but if I could get a loaded Rebel for $10k less why wouldn't I? Besides looks obviously, which are subjective. I guess what I am asking is does the Limited actually get you specific goodies or are you paying $10k more JUST because you get to have the title of coolest rig in your neighborhood...

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The features you’d be getting on the Limited (vs the loaded Rebel) are subjective to whether they are worth it or not.

The Limited gets the LED projector headlights, versus the LED reflector (weaker) headlights in the Rebel. Some like the LED reflectors better for looks, but the LED projectors definitely outperform the Rebel/Laramie reflectors. This alone sold me on the Limited vs the Rebel when I was shopping in 2020, as I dealt with sub-par Halogen projectors on my 2014 for years. Upgraded them to HID bulbs, but these LEDs on my 2020 still blow them out of the water.

The Limited interior gets higher end leather versus the Rebel, and a slightly different center console.

The Rebel gets an inch (roughly) higher “normal” ride height suspension by default, although that can be added to the Limited by selecting the Off Road group/package. However, the rims/tires combo on the Rebel are unique: 18” rims, 33” tires. The Limited gets 20” or 22” rims (your choice), and either way, you get 32” tires. The Limited can get to roughly the same height by simply being in Off Road 1 mode all the time, but it will auto-lower back to normal above 40. The Rebel 18” rims do also fit on the Limited if you want to buy some yourself later (as I did).

Off road group or similar protection packages for the Limited can get you the slid plates almost like the Rebel. I do say almost, as the front valance of the Rebel is unique to it, and besides the different looks, it offers some front protection that you cannot get on the Limited from the factory.

I am sure I am missing some other differences, and others will chip in here for you. Honestly, get the one you like the most. You can talk yourself into “the best bang for my buck” or “I got every single option under the sun” to make yourself happy, but if you walk out every day to your vehicle and you are not satisfied with how it looks, you’ll always be a little unhappy. Life’s too short for that stress.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Limited comes with ventilated seats too. Only available on the Rebel if you get the G/T package.
But neither the Rebel nor the Limited bestows the title of “coolest rig in your neighborhood”. Gotta buy a TRX for that title. Sorry.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
The Rebel also comes with the worst fuel economy out of the whole non TRX 1500 family of trucks. I don’t think that option is available on the Ltd. 😂

Seriously though go with what suits you best and more likely what you can actually get at this point. I thought about the LTD for a minute but besides the higher cost couldn’t stand either wheel/tire option. If I could go back in time I would go for the Rebel GT for sure.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Two completely different experiences. IMHO the Limited is a more refined experience more suited to city living (yes, I know you can get the ORG package), where as the Rebel is more suited to roughing it.

Forget trying to figure it out on paper and take both for a nice long test drive. That's how I figured out that my old bones would rather be in the lap of luxury. Plus I have my old CJ-7 for those times I forget my age. 🙃

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your wanting the appearance or take your truck off road frequent get the Rebel.

If it’s more daily driving and you stick to pavement mostly get the Limited.

Both can go off-road it’s just the Rebel is more suited for the task in its stock configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A4Owner

Reaction score
Yeah never thought about the headlights. When you're younger, headlights are headlights. Now I could totally go for a set of projector beam LEDs.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@UnloosedChewtoy summed it up nicely. For me, I’d rather have the refinement. I don’t like double-duty vehicles as they tend to not excel at either intended function. I’d rather buy an old CJ-7 or 2-door Cherokee for off road only and tow it with the RAM to off-road areas.

A4Owner

Reaction score
Actually one follow up is the tires? So I don't actually know this as I'm currently [and hopefully not that much longer] an Audi owner but my car is pretty quiet...I'll give it that. So is it fair to say that a Limited would be much quieter than the Rebel because of the smoother road tires versus the offroad ones? I mean to me the obvious answer would be yes but WTF do I know...may-be they have ultra quiet off road tires these days.

tomme12

Reaction score
I wrestled with it quite a bit. For me, I really like the two tone color look on the rebel. If the limited had that, i would have went that way. But I ended up ordering a fully loaded Rebel with just about everything. Even when you compare it to the limited, I think it the limited was money. I dont think its going to be that noticeable between the two at that level. The Limited's front end I like better with the lights. I did not take a Limited out, but took a Rebel out on a test drive and it was super quiet, very smooth (no air ride) and was great. Mine is still on order with MD. I will miss the cooling seats.... oh well.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
With the Limited, you will get 3.21 gears standard with the option to get 3.92s.

The Rebel is gonna come stock with 3.92s (no options).

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked myself this same question but when I was price comparing it seemed like they were essentially the same price and the Limited interior seemed "nicer" to me. Ultimately I decided that I don't really go off road or tow all that much (one of the reasons why I went with 3.21 gears). But, I did go ahead and splurge for the tow group and off road packages. I just figured that in the rare cases where I'll use them, I'll be glad I have them. As stupid as it sounds living in the south, we have had situations in the past with minimal snow and ice where stuff gets locked down for days due to being ill equipped to deal with it. An e-locker can truly make the difference and the few times I hit old logging roads I'd prefer to have heavier shocks. Seeing how most people say that air ride and ORG pair well together, I thought it was a pretty minimal price increase.

I originally went into purchasing a ram looking for cheap. Then quickly went to thoughts of a Rebel and then got seduced by the Limited.

BNJMN

Reaction score
Some color and box variations between the lineup too. For me, I had to go Laramie to get 6'4 bed ( not available on Rebel) and HydroBlue ( not available on limited).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For me it came down to ventilated seats. Sure, there were other considerations. But the actual decision to buy a Limited over a Rebel came down to the seats. At the time, the GT was not being offered (2021 MY), so you couldn't get ventilated seats in a Rebel unless you swapped them in yourself. I shudder to think how much more difficult my decision would be now that you can get the Rebel with ventilated front seats. o_O

I'm very happy with the decision I made to get the Limited. The headlights weren't really a consideration at the time, but after owning a truck with each type of LED headlight, the lights on the Limited are definitely more effective. And would be more of a factor if I was making a buying decision now.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Honestly, it depends on taste and needs & wants. For me, none of the RAMs were particularly attractive, until I came upon a red Rebel on the dealer lot and was blown away. Love at first sight and I had to have it.

If the Rebel didn't exist, I wouldn't have bought a RAM to begin with. That being said, I'm sure there are those that feel the other way. I like the feel and look of something that goes off-road than on-road when it comes to trucks, so it simply appeals to me more.

So, do you like street or off-road? Then weigh that with the options you cannot get on the Rebel that you can only get on the Limited. Finally, are you willing to accept the horrible gas mileage of Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread