5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Load range on tow vehicle

Ram12375

Reaction score
Just got my new backcountry. It came with load range c tires. Would I need to change to at least a d rating to pull my travel trailer. Pics are of truck tire rating and label on travel trailer 20220814_184406.jpg 20220814_184245.jpg

netshadoe

Reaction score
What am I missing? Why would you have to change your tires?

The set up you have now show your tires can carry 2535lbs per tire, a combined 5070lbs per axle. You are not carrying the 6900 pound trailer on your truck...only the hitch weight (tongue weight).

You didn't post a picture of your truck's two labels from the driver's door, but I'm guessing your axle is like most 1500s with a GAWR REAR of about 4100lbs (which with your 2 combined tires of 5070lbs is more than adequate).

The GAWR REAR can be your limiting weight.
It will most likely be your payload which will also be on the driver's door labels.

Last edited:

badpewterz

Reaction score
will it tow as good as load range D tires? no, but with a dual axle that around 5k to 5500k normal weight and a good WDH you will be fine
i tow on my oem falken at3w's which are the same rating as what you are showing.
just up the pressure if you feel some wiggle. ( single axle camper at 4500lbs)
they can take 51psi cold.
i tow with them at 45 to 46 cold as at 36-38 there was a little squishy wiggle, now its perfect no issues

should_have

Reaction score
will it tow as good as load range D tires? no, but with a dual axle that around 5k to 5500k normal weight and a good WDH you will be fine
i tow on my oem falken at3w's which are the same rating as what you are showing.
just up the pressure if you feel some wiggle. ( single axle camper at 4500lbs)
they can take 51psi cold.
i tow with them at 45 to 46 cold as at 36-38 there was a little squishy wiggle, now its perfect no issues
Just got my new backcountry. It came with load range c tires. Would I need to change to at least a d rating to pull my travel trailer. Pics are of truck tire rating and label on travel trailer View attachment 136882 View attachment 136883
I'm guessing in theory Class C ST tired rated @ 1,760lbs each works for your Travel Trailer. I'm guessing it came from the factory with D due to factory pricing.

I also air up my original Truck tires to 47lbs each all around

Users who are viewing this thread