5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LineX Rocker Panels/fender flares?

lambone

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has added LineX to their rocker panels and fender flares? Would love to see some photos.

(Yes I searched) thanks!

ClancyO

Reaction score
I thought about it, but when I installed the full rear fender liners (my truck came with the 1/2 liners) I was a little shocked by all the electrical connections/boxes/schmiggers down there and I don't think you want to coat then with LineX. Perhaps coating the plastic liners themselves, but they are rather thin - no sure how it would hold up to flexing and god forbid you need to remove them to access the aforementioned electrical connections/boxes/schmiggers...

lambone

Reaction score
Ya I was talking about the lower rocker panels and the flares around the fenders...not inside the fenders.

Mine are getting all chipped up by winter road debris and it’s too late for a paint protective film.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Rebel has a fair amount of road rash in the pocket just ahead of the rears and will only get worse now I put spacers on. I'm gonna be putting line X on the very under side and up a little into those pockets. Black truck so super easy and really not noticeable unless your looking for it.

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
Considering the same thing. Is there any downside to LineX-ing the rocker panels? Basically reproducing the two tone look. Granite Crystal body with black lower panel. Visually it breaks up the grey hulk of it. I know you can't undo Line-X. I know it can be repaired. Trying to think about down side.

Also getting that silver lower bumper plated line-X'd black. No hesitation on that. Black RAM Grill letter coming tomorrow.

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
Interesting. I just did 3M PPF. I’d like to see pix too.
I think it will look like this. The lower panels along bottom. This is the two tone one but the black part on bottom is not LineX.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 7.24.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 7.24.23 PM.png
    485.2 KB · Views: 157

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your thinking way higher up the side than I was. The only spots I will have the line x are facing the ground except coming up a little higher at that very most rear pocket. My trucks all black so you probably won’t notice it unless your looking for it. Think of just out a little from the pinch welds until turns upward

yaksushi

Reaction score
To pull up an old thread, has anyone done this? Pros Cons? Photos?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The only possible negative to doing this would be whether it might affect resale value. Some people might not like having bed liner there. Other than that I can't see a downside to doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online