5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line-x with Rambox

Swampy

Reaction score
Anyone with ramboxes get an aftermarket spray in bed liner? Looking for some pics of what they did near the tailgate. I had mine done at Ziebart, not too impressed, maybe its just my ocd though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you be more specific about the area you want pics of? I had my liner sprayed in after purchase, and I don't see any issues with it. Maybe post a couple pics of your own to give us a better idea of the exact area in question.

Swampy

Reaction score
Can you be more specific about the area you want pics of? I had my liner sprayed in after purchase, and I don't see any issues with it. Maybe post a couple pics of your own to give us a better idea of the exact area in question.

0b309e3e8b360b634d2f370d29a36ca0.jpg

In this area, they said they couldn’t figure out how to get the circled piece off, so instead of asking around they decided just to make it look like crap and lose the push pin.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They removed those covers when they did the spray in liner. I hadn't really noticed that because my truck isn't a light color like yours. I can see how it stands out to you on your white truck.

Rear rambox pic.jpg

Swampy

Reaction score
They removed those covers when they did the spray in liner. I hadn't really noticed that because my truck isn't a light color like yours. I can see how it stands out to you on your white truck.

View attachment 66456

Thats what I figured the place I went to would do. Any idea how the covers come off? I would imagine that the rail cap just has push pins but I’m not 100%. I tried looking up the part number to get an idea of the underside but all I can find is the diagram, which isn’t very detailed. Either way, thanks for the pic!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I removed them when I installed the pegs for the bed extender. Seems like it came loose once I removed the plastic pins, but I don't remember for sure. Sorry, it's been a year since I did that. It wasn't difficult to do though, so if they told you they couldn't figure out how to remove them they either didn't try or had someone doing it that shouldn't be working on anyone's vehicle. I hope for your sake it's the former.

oldtimer

Reaction score
My 2020 Longhorn with Rambox and Line-X spray-on liner. The net is my Redneck add-on for small stuff.

1598441386088.png

Swampy

Reaction score
I guess you have to take the rail cap off to remove that other plastic piece that the bed extender hardware is supposed to screw into? I’m gonna have them fix mine, my ocd is through the roof when I look at it haha

Users who are viewing this thread