5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line-X vs. Rhino

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Even as a weekend warrior I would do a liner. Even just a plastic drop-in liner would be better than just a rubber bed mat. I've had the rubber bed mats before and I like them, but only as a supplement to a lined bed and not as a replacement. There was one in my Mazda and the sides and wheel wells looked like hell. Personally, I think all of the truck companies should make the beds out of steel with a composite inside lining right out of the gate, but since that doesn't happen a spray in liner is the next best option.

As for Rhino vs. Line-X: I've used both on my fleet trucks at the office and haven't noticed any long-term difference on durability, and these guys are hard on truck beds. I'm not sure what kind is in my truck - Leonard Truck supply did the spray-in for my dealership on my truck - but I like it. It's durable and I've dragged a lot of rough stuff on top of it. Worst thing about it is that it's really hard on the knees. I am seriously contemplating getting the truck rug as I have a camper top on my bed.

Weight: The spray in liner stuff weighs nothing. It's not going to help you for winter driving. If you don't have a 4WD, you would definitely be helped by having some significant weight over the rear axle in the winter. My old neighbor - a Luudite that couldn't be convinced of the value of buying a 4WD - would spend the entire winter with a cord of wood in the bed of his truck. To his credit, *most* of the time he did make it home (we live in the mountains) but not always. I, on the other hand, always made it home. With a 4WD. But years ago when I was a kid no one had 4WD unless you had an old jeep. Once in a while you'd see a farmer with a 4WD truck but even those guys mostly used 2WDs. We just swapped tires twice a year, kept sand, blankets and a half shovel in the trunk/bed of the truck. You could always do that, or if you live in a snowy place, just bite the bullet and get a 4WD. I've done it both ways and I prefer pushing a switch and staying warm :)
Thanks for all the advice. Appreciate it. I think in the end, it's probably best to just do the liner. I definitely won't do a drop-in, but what are the Duraliner and Pendaliners? They look like panels that attach but look more like a composite that you were talking about. Are they any good? Oh, and I do have 4WD. I just didn't know whether it was still advisable to have extra weight in the back of the truck during the winter, but I guess with 4WD, that isn't necessary. Again, appreciate the help.

FishNitro

Reaction score
I have owned both Rhino and Line-X. My 06 Silverado had a Rhino and my 2014 Silverado had a Line X premium. Both trucks were under the rail installed and has a tonneau cover on them.

The only differences i can see between the two is in how grippy they are, with the Rhino cargo never slid in the bed where the Line-X things moved around a lot. Both were super durable. I think over time the Line-X held its look and color better.

My ram came with the factory liner and i think its more like a Line-X in feel and look and it seems to work great. If my truck did not have one applied at the factory i dont know what it would have in it now. I would buy either brand again in a heartbeat. I think it would come down to price and when i could get it done....

sjsleuth

Reaction score
That’s 50$ less than my local LineX dealer. Just make sure they are reputable

If you want Rhino many Toyota dealers will Line your bed even if it’s not a Yota

You can cover the LineX with carpet, vodka, pics of your vasectomy, cow pies or anything else you desire and it won’t make a difference to the LineX :)
I just had Rhino done the other day 500 + tax 535.00 in New Jersey

foghorn17

Reaction score
Couple of things to note. Line-x chemically is supposed to be the strongest and most durable of all liners on the market.

I've had a couple of Line-x liners and they are excellent. Rhino has different liner products. Their original product is indeed rubbery and helps with loads sliding and shifting as well as being softer on the knees, but at a cost of durability. I had an 01 Chevy with the original Rhino. If you are going to do anything beyond weekend warrior I'd look at another alternative. If you like Rhino they have a Hardline product that is very similar to Line-x.

While it doesn't have the specs of the Line-x in the real world (I had this one also) it performs almost exactly the same as the Line-x.

Biggest variable in all of them is the installer. Check his work before you buy.

BDCarp04

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, and excuse the leftover mulch I was hauling right before I took pics. Also, second pic may look like it's slightly discolored in a section but I assure you it's not - pic just made it look strange. My guy charges $459 +tax out the door.

khxPGzF.jpg

Z9P7afN.jpg

IMzWUUA.jpg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The factory one, which is closer to Line-X. I prefer the look of Line-X, however stuff does move around more.

I also use a Dee Zee heavy duty mat, which prevents stuff from moving around and also protects items in the bed from getting scratched up by the spray in liner.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After having two 4th gens with Bedrugs, I decided to go with a spray-in on the '19 to avoid the frozen tailgate issue. After talking to more than a dozen people who had them, I was very concerned about durability and appearance of the spray-ins. I was told the newer spray-in products resist fading better than the older versions. Guys with 10 year-old Linex and Rhino beds had numerous complaints about them. I went with Rhino simply because of a $50 discount. Sure enough after about eight weeks there was detectable sun fade. I may still install a rubber bed floor mat because the spray-ins are disastrous on the knees.

Has an aside, I wish the drain hole at the front bulkhead of the bed was larger. It doesn't take much debris to clog the drain.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 020666 miles.

ronmac7609

Reaction score
Got my Bullet spray liner today. Came out nice. $475 before taxes. With $75 first responder discount.

Attachments

• 144683AD-904E-409C-AB77-F01B8AA80D80.jpeg
    144683AD-904E-409C-AB77-F01B8AA80D80.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 50
  • 4188A408-CADD-430E-AD16-10C1564D72EE.jpeg
    4188A408-CADD-430E-AD16-10C1564D72EE.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread