5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line-X vs BedRug for standard bed with RamBox System?

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I love helping people move or transporting stuff for other people with my truck. However, this has come at a cost recently when helping some friends move. My 4x8 DeeZee bed mat is great for everyday use, but it's not sufficient for helping people with large objects that could scratch my bed. So, I am now faced with a decision; BedRug full bed cover or Line-X? I would like feedback on the pros and cons if both options. Thanks in advance.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have both. Not specifically Line X but something more or less identical. And I have the Bed rug - but not the full, only the floor. Bedliner protects the bed, bed rug keeps things from sliding around and keeps me from killing myself when I have to climb up in there to get stuff. I like the combination.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I have both. Not specifically Line X but something more or less identical. And I have the Bed rug - but not the full, only the floor. Bedliner protects the bed, bed rug keeps things from sliding around and keeps me from killing myself when I have to climb up in there to get stuff. I like the combination.
Thanks for the reply. Doing both is definitely beyond the amount I want to spend. I love the DeeZee mat that is in the bed now, because nothing moves around; it's just not enough protection. I considered a drop-in with the bed mat, but drop-ins are hard to find with the RamBoxes.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Doing both is definitely beyond the amount I want to spend. I love the DeeZee mat that is in the bed now, because nothing moves around; it's just not enough protection. I considered a drop-in with the bed mat, but drop-ins are hard to find with the RamBoxes.
If I could only do one, I'd opt for the Bedrug. I've had two in previous trucks and loved them.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 038145 miles.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bedrug doesn't make a product for the 5th gen with Ramboxes, only for 5th gens that don't have them.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me it's a long term investment. I spent almost $37k buying this truck and another couple grand on taxes. I want it to last a long time. I got my bed liner thrown into the deal (spray on) but I would have bought it if not.

If I had to just pick one I'd go with the bedliner. You get floor and side wall protection.

Bellaireroad

Reaction score
Stall mat from tractor supply, 3/4 thick, fits perfect -40 bucks
886f1b6ead189b613dc6826b421b892f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
For me it's a long term investment. I spent almost $37k buying this truck and another couple grand on taxes. I want it to last a long time. I got my bed liner thrown into the deal (spray on) but I would have bought it if not.

If I had to just pick one I'd go with the bedliner. You get floor and side wall protection.
Wouldn't I get that as well with the full BedRug? At least that's what it looks like from other's pictures.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't I get that as well with the full BedRug? At least that's what it looks like from other's pictures.
I guess I wasn't clear; I meant you get full protection via no exposed metal because everything is encased in bedliner. I wasn't just referring to impact protection. The full bedrug will give you good impact cushioning but nothing against water or rust on scratches.

Rick J

Reaction score
You already have the Dee Zee so if If I were you I'd get the spray in and then put the Dee Zee back in. Then you have the best of both worlds, like having a spray in with a bed rung on the floor.

PaGregSS

Reaction score
I did the Bedrug Impact but found the Impact liner to be too slippery. I ended up throwing in a rubber bed mat to keep stuff from sliding around.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did the Bedrug Impact but found the Impact liner to be too slippery. I ended up throwing in a rubber bed mat to keep stuff from sliding around.

There's now 2 Bedrugs, the regular one and the high impact. The regular one isn't slippery and doesn't really alloy thing to slide around

Users who are viewing this thread