5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line-X Tailgate Coverage

mobiusnc

Reaction score
I just picked up my '19 Ram from the Line-X dealer and found that they had not completely covered the tailgate. Buddy of mine had his done a couple years ago at the same place and the tailgate was completely covered. He pointed out that it took extra effort to mask it off, and he does have a hard time closing his, but this seems odd to me. Anybody have the same type of gap?

PXL_20210527_234807449.jpg

IMG_20210527_185922_01.jpg

Boston

Reaction score
They didn't do the job right. If they aren't prepared to do it right, Contact Linex directly. The store is a franchise. And losing the franchise might get you some attention.

mobiusnc

Reaction score
They didn't do the job right. If they aren't prepared to do it right, Contact Linex directly. The store is a franchise. And losing the franchise might get you some attention.
I'm leaning this way.

I'd like to have taken it to another shop who quoted $100 cheaper, but they were only taking names due to what they said was a chemical shortage. So I ended up paying $140 more for this.

Last edited:

Vilas15

Reaction score
My first thought is they've probably had too many issues with tailgates not closing and have decided to do it this way to avoid the problem entirely.

mobiusnc

Reaction score
My first thought is they've probably had too many issues with tailgates not closing and have decided to do it this way to avoid the problem entirely.
This is exactly what I was told when I called. To their credit the shop offered to fix it if I was not happy. Not sure what I'm gonna do. The space on the side is 1" near the top and 2" in near the bottom. Seems excessive when most of the tailgates I've ever seen look like this:
1622238760533.png

Boston

Reaction score
It probably says more about the shop’s inability to do the job. Ie inexperience.
Would have refused payment

Users who are viewing this thread