5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lindsay Dodge and FCA Rant

formula233

Reaction score
Late March I bought a 2019 Rebel from Lindsay Dodge in Manassas Va. 2 weeks later I have a charging problem and the center instrument cluster would go dead from time to time. Truck in and out of shop 6 times over the next 3 months. FCA offered me a compensation of 4500$ and a 6 year 100k 0 deductible warranty for my troubles. FCA failed to check and see I had already bought a 100k 10 year 100 deductible warranty when I bought the truck. So I ask them to match what I had warranty wise in a email but never got a written response to that ? back. I could cancel my ext warranty and get my 3150$ back. FCA person seemed to like do everything by phone and word of mouth and I ask several time to put it in writing... SO I wanted to explore what kind of deal I could get by trading the truck in on a new one. The sales manager at Lindsay after hearing my troubles said, that is crazy and we should trade you out the truck for a new one.. I said great. They took mine back to appraise it so I was anxious to see what they were going to give me. in the mean time he had a sales person show me some trucks, test drove one having my hopes up to trade mine in that day. But after a bunch of time in the dealer they would not give me a $$$ amount until they get a CDI code from FCA??? SO back in touch with FCA to tell them the dealer needs a CDI to give me a trade value for my truck. FCA came back with a offer of 4500$ and the CDI # so away I went back to the dealer. Well the TI value they gave me was 6k under Kelly BB of trade in value. So no way I can make a trade deal. Back to FCA and now FCA is saying the CDI number was in lieu of the ext warranty????? No body every mentioned that in writing that I was giving up the warranty right for the CDI that I had no idea if I was going to execute that until I got numbers in hade from the dealer. SO now FCA says that the 4500$ and no ext warrant is the final offer??? So I got SCAMed into requesting the CDI just to get a trade in value on my truck to see if it made since to get a new truck from the dealer. That practice seems un ethical to me from the dealer especially after the sale manager said we should trade you out for a new truck then really low balled me on the trade in value. Not sure what to do now. I seemed boxed into a corner as FCA want a answer on the 4500$ NO warranty final offer by end of Monday 11/2.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That 100k, 10 y "should" transfer with the vehicle. Was it a private warranty or FCA MOPAR warranty? If it transfers, you can figure out the prorated amount of the $3k or so you paid and try to negotiate the trade-in value upward on the basis that an extended warranty should be factored in as the selling dealer will adjust that in on the price they try to flip your truck on to the next buyer...

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They also will resell your truck as FCA certified which will increase the price and profit for the dealer.

formula233

Reaction score
The warranty is 3rd party. The trade was so far off price wise.. 6700 miles on road only 7 months, fully optioned out Rebel and they came in with a 36k trade? I thought they were going to help me out some with all the trouble I have had the way the sale manager talked but in the end it was just like a new customer sale. They made their money on me and not worried about making me happier.

DSPS

Reaction score
The warranty is 3rd party. The trade was so far off price wise.. 6700 miles on road only 7 months, fully optioned out Rebel and they came in with a 36k trade? I thought they were going to help me out some with all the trouble I have had the way the sale manager talked but in the end it was just like a new customer sale. They made their money on me and not worried about making me happier.

Start the lemon process ASAP... this may initiate an appropriate offer from FCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, has the charging problem been fixed? I couldn’t tell.
I get it that you are upset and wanting to trade up but what about just keeping it?
Sounds like you got the truck you wanted last year...
If not, now that used truck prices are so high now, what could you sell it for on your own?

formula233

Reaction score
So, has the charging problem been fixed? I couldn’t tell.
I get it that you are upset and wanting to trade up but what about just keeping it?
Sounds like you got the truck you wanted last year...
If not, now that used truck prices are so high now, what could you sell it for on your own?

Charging problem is fixed. Had to remove the whole interior to replace the wiring harness, not sure about the dash being removed. Etorque replaced along with the 48v battery. Truck had had a water leak while on the dealers lot that cause corrosion on/in the 48v battery. The display is fixed with a refurbished unit. I had to park the truck at the dealer to certify the mileage to be programed into the display. They forgot to record the hours so now I have a truck with the hour meter at 0 at 5600 miles. :( I am into keeping it but they have rescinded the warranty offer since I took the CID as I had to for the dealer to give me the trade in figures??????????? Now I don't want to CID as we are about 12k off from where I can afford but wanted to see what deal was available before taking it or the cash/warranty. The thing with FCA is I don't have anything writing about this deal until early this week. This has been going on for 8 weeks now. FCA seems to keep forgetting I needed the CID just to see where I am. They said I said I was trading the truck and didn't need the warranty. Well yes that would be true but the dealer did not play nice with the trade in value. SO I want to keep the truck and take the original offer of 4500$ and the 6/100k warranty they 1st offered.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Charging problem is fixed. Had to remove the whole interior to replace the wiring harness, not sure about the dash being removed. Etorque replaced along with the 48v battery. Truck had had a water leak while on the dealers lot that cause corrosion on/in the 48v battery. The display is fixed with a refurbished unit. I had to park the truck at the dealer to certify the mileage to be programed into the display. They forgot to record the hours so now I have a truck with the hour meter at 0 at 5600 miles. :( I am into keeping it but they have rescinded the warranty offer since I took the CID as I had to for the dealer to give me the trade in figures??????????? Now I don't want to CID as we are about 12k off from where I can afford but wanted to see what deal was available before taking it or the cash/warranty. The thing with FCA is I don't have anything writing about this deal until early this week. This has been going on for 8 weeks now. FCA seems to keep forgetting I needed the CID just to see where I am. They said I said I was trading the truck and didn't need the warranty. Well yes that would be true but the dealer did not play nice with the trade in value. SO I want to keep the truck and take the original offer of 4500$ and the 6/100k warranty they 1st offered.
Got it. Keep pushing for what you want. Glad that it is fixed. Still is a nice truck... having 0 hours on the hourmeter might help at resale in case anyone ever looks.

Users who are viewing this thread