5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limp mode?

jrussell.5811

Reaction score
Pulled a very large box truck out of the mud from the side of the road and engine light immediately came on truck was definitely struggling and was pulling out at only 1000 RPM is this lint mode is this something that I can reset by disconnecting the battery any opinions appreciated.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You need to scan the codes.
Limp mode is generally engaged if you really broke something like the engine to prevent further harm.

The other vehicle was likely way too heavy for you to be moving, sounds like you are in for an expensive repair.

Do post back what you find.

jrussell.5811

Reaction score
It
Limp mode is generally engaged if you really broke something like the engine to prevent further harm.

The other vehicle was likely way too heavy for you to be moving, sounds like you are in for an expensive repair.

it really jsut seems like the truck is in high idle. I’m going to go out and start it up and see if the code cleared, and if not I’m going to disconnect the battery and do a factory reset. I will let yall know what i find. I’ll get the codes scanned if the problem persists

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It

it really jsut seems like the truck is in high idle. I’m going to go out and start it up and see if the code cleared, and if not I’m going to disconnect the battery and do a factory reset. I will let yall know what i find. I’ll get the codes scanned if the problem persists
If you have a scanner you should get the code scanned before resetting anything so you know for the future if something happened.
If you don't have a scanner good time to buy one from Amazon.
Just my 2 cents though.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It

If you are sincere in wanting help with this issue information on the truck would be helpful. Also more info on the act of pulling the box truck out: IE were you on dry pavement, how hard did you need to push your truck, etc.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It

Disconnecting the battery will clear the codes, unless the problem persists. If you don't pull the codes, with a scan tool, first, you may not know what caused the issue, and might mask an issue that will pop up again later at an inopportune time and be more serious costing more to fix

jrussell.5811

Reaction score

Throwing code U0594

jrussell.5811

Reaction score
If you are sincere in wanting help with this issue information on the truck would be helpful. Also more info on the act of pulling the box truck out: IE were you on dry pavement, how hard did you need to push your truck, etc.
It was on wet pavement. I put it in tow hall mode, as well as turned off, track control. It didn’t spin it all it actually like idle down till about 1000 RPM and pulled the truck out relatively easily and then as soon as we were done the engine light was on. I just posted what the code is but it’s a 2023 ram 1500 built to serve addition with the Etorque

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Throwing code U0594
I could be wrong but I think that is a safe code to remove. That alone shouldn't indicate a problem.
It likely got confused because of all the extra weight on the truck I bet.

There was a recall for that code but it was only up till 2021 and it was for the torque generator itself.

I would reset and just drive it like normal.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That link has nothing of value in it...

This is the tsb for the older Rams
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10187133-9999.pdf
U0594 - Implausible Data Received From HCP.
Ie pointless code, not wiring harness like in that url.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Topping out at 1000 rpm... Does it also sound weird, like it has asthma? If so, that's a symptom of a bad throttle motor. The throttle plate goes into a fixed default position and the RPM is controlled by advancing and retarding timing and cam timing. It's a very distinct sound.

If it was me, I'd erase codes and see what happens.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
why
it told what the code was and other thing
all you did was post a tsb that may or may not help

all info helps
whether you believe it or not
The code U0594 "Invalid Data Received from Hybrid Powertrain Control Module"
The website you linked had some bogus descriptions of the code, not what the code even is, and nothing else on that page showed ANYTHING, looks like they are trying to sell you something.
Even if you try and copy text from that website they hijack your clipboard and fill it with a stupid link to their website, nothing any website should ever do and I would avoid using it.

Looks like it's crap made by AI which is known to lie. Even has a link in the top right to some "AI Chat" crap.

1702240514390.png

To each their own though, I would rather have less accurate information then bogus info from some sketchy site.

Users who are viewing this thread