5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limiteds with 35??? Do you lose brake assist?

rtpassini

Reaction score
People with limiteds and 35's.
What did you use to adjust tire size? I was told using alpha obd will disable your active parking and crash avoidance along with other various systems. Is that true?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not but it will not disable anything if done correctly. I recall that there are a few steps when changing tire sizes

Jr22

Reaction score
I have a Limited on 4inch bds with 35 on 20x10.5. The right way to adjust your tire size is call up dealers around you and ask them if they CAN or KNOW how to recalibrate the speedometer for bigger tires. 3 out of 4 dealerships around me said it was not even possible! (Which I know it is I will look for the video on how a dealers is suppose to do it). Thankfully the last dealer I called had someone working there with some knowledge. They are suppose to write up a contact with mopar to adjust the vehicle size to 35's so its documented thru mopar and does not void any warranty.

Here is the link to the video where someone from the dealer explains it step by step how its done. The dealer that did mine said for the newer rams 37's where the largest option he saw on the mopar site.

rtpassini

Reaction score
I reprogrammed everything properly with alfaobd. Much better

Jr22

Reaction score
did it disable any of the features on the vehicle?

rtpassini

Reaction score
did it disable any of the features on the vehicle?
Nope. Surprisingly it was most accurate at 2650 mm. Even though it technically should be 2790. Everything works great

Users who are viewing this thread