5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited with ORG

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm ordering a Limited and am seriously considering the off road group. Not for hardcore off-roading, but for the skid plates, hill descent control, and electronic rear locker.

I'm curious if having the ORG on a limited would hurt resale value down the road, since (I assume) most Limiteds aren't taken into situations where it would be useful. I could get the protection group and Electronic Rear separately, but by then I'm actually at a higher cost than with the ORG that includes them.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ORP would likely increase the sale value down the road if anything. Its one of the best packages for the price that you can get on these trucks IMO.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
What @z0n3 said. Trying to put aftermarket skid plates on for anywhere near the cost of the ORG seems impossible. Definitely would've gotten them had my truck been a factory order. I don't understand the thought process behind the resale value being affected negatively because of this at all. Put simply, more features means more value typically.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, I'd hoped that would be the consensus. And a fair point, IvoryHemi.

Will be placing my order at today or tomorrow!

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added the skid plates myself as I do take my truck off road once in a while. I can only see this adding value.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The longer you keep the vehicle the less the ORG will affect the resale value, good or bad. Unless you're planning on selling or trading it in after just a year or two of owning it, I wouldn't worry about how the ORG or any other option will affect resale value. I say get the options you want for the time that you own and enjoy the truck. And worry less about what those options will return value wise when you eventually get rid of it.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Limited with the ORG, I love it. You should get what you want, not what you think may or may not be worth something in a few years. Resale value is just a boomer term taught to people. People will pay and sell for what they want in the end.

RossoWheelson

Reaction score
Hill descent with the ORG was the deciding factor on my Limited. I actually take it on dirt roads with some hairy switchbacks and decent climbs going up a few thousand feet (2-3 times a year). Easier to relax on the way down with descent control. Gives you time to pay attention to low hanging branches and mountain bikers.

Users who are viewing this thread