5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited vs Longhorn?

jokal

Reaction score
I havent bought a Ram yet, but I really like the saddle interior in the Longhorn. Is there a list of things that are available/included on the Limited that are not available on the Longhorn? I tried searching but didnt get anywhere. Tried printing out window stickers and they have different things listed in different orders... so I thought I'd ask here.

thanks in advance!
J

James1414d

Reaction score
I havent bought a Ram yet, but I really like the saddle interior in the Longhorn. Is there a list of things that are available/included on the Limited that are not available on the Longhorn? I tried searching but didnt get anywhere. Tried printing out window stickers and they have different things listed in different orders... so I thought I'd ask here.

thanks in advance!
J
Everything the Limited has can be added to a Longhorn

cobradav

Reaction score
Everything the Limited has can be added to a Longhorn
Just because of the interior options I did just that, ordered Longhorn and optioned every Limited item. You do get a different grill but I also preferred the Longhorn grill to the LImited in this case too. I just parked along side a Limited and noticed the side mirrors (standard not tow versions) were different, subtle but different. Not sure if it is build date related or not as the catalog I ordered from does not show or list a different standard side mirror. I and so glad I did it this way. My wife was truly impressed with my selections. Mine is an April 2019 build.

James1414d

Reaction score
Longhorn
Just because of the interior options I did just that, ordered Longhorn and optioned every Limited item. You do get a different grill but I also preferred the Longhorn grill to the LImited in this case too. I just parked along side a Limited and noticed the side mirrors (standard not tow versions) were different, subtle but different. Not sure if it is build date related or not as the catalog I ordered from does not show or list a different standard side mirror. I and so glad I did it this way. My wife was truly impressed with my selections. Mine is an April 2019 build.

Longhorn all the way!:p

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

thanks in advance!
J
Loving the Longhorn!

jokal

Reaction score
thanks everyone! if anyone knows of anything I'm missing please let me know, otherwise I think I will be going w/ the Longhorn.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can get everything on a longhorn just will cost you a tad bit more and you will have a different grille. The longhorn grill is a simpler all chrome straight bar design where the limited grill is a mix of chrome, brushed and graphite colored finishes with nostrils and such.

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
I love my Longhorn! This is my second Longhorn, the first being a 2014 megacab 2500 diesel. Having said that, I like the limited exterior better.
3fcbebb9e28645dc300296fc97741724.jpg

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

Viking42

Reaction score
Hi,

I took a longhorn to have some brownish interior
I think i got all the options a Limited can have, but for the different front grille and the one silver strip on the side doors the Longhorn doenst have

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
LL seems to have better discounts from what I have seen... Just yesterday there was a Va dealer with at least 3, all well equipped, that were 33% off MSRP advertised. Never see a Ltd anywhere close to that. Maybe due to the western theme, they have a lessor market? Not sure but sheesh, I about had a coronary when I saw the advertised price. (Now I don't know if there were fake rebates/incentives in there, or if the 4 wheels and tires were $2500 apiece extra.)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can get everything on a longhorn just will cost you a tad bit more and you will have a different grille. The longhorn grill is a simpler all chrome straight bar design where the limited grill is a mix of chrome, brushed and graphite colored finishes with nostrils and such.

Another small thing to consider - the Limited grille is an amazing bug catcher whereas I imagine the Longhorn grill wouldn't show near the carnage. On the other hand, the Limited grille keeps them out of the radiator.

I've actually wondered if you could drive through enough bugs with a Limited grille that your engine would overheat...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Body coloured bumpers,
You can get those on a Longhorn now, too...as you can see in @Truckin’s pic above. That didn’t exist when I ordered, although the two-tone was available (for a Longhorn, not a Limited).

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Other than the sadle bags behind the front seats, there's not much "western" theme left when you go with the New Saddle interior. I guess the "wood" is westernish...but almost all luxury cars come with wood these days. Looks fine to me.

I only got the Longhorn for the New Saddle. If it was only offered in that horrible white/creme color with all that stitching, I'd pass. Not a fan of the filigree.

I also can't stand hot black interiors nor the lighter colors that everyone is complaining about getting dirty or staining blue from denim.

The brown was the only clear option for me.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
The Limited, like others said, has the black or Indigo/Frost interior instead of Saddle brown, chrome door moldings, different grille, and if equally equipped, will be cheaper.

I looked at the Longhorn, but I preferred the Indigo/Frost interior and the lower price as-equipped. Both are fantastic trucks, though, so you really can't go wrong - just get your preference.

-John

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Check your local dealers prices now, my limited model average rebate has gone up from 11K to 17K for the very same truck. I guess I will have to quit looking on new inventory as this is depressing... Good for others though!

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Another small thing to consider - the Limited grille is an amazing bug catcher whereas I imagine the Longhorn grill wouldn't show near the carnage. On the other hand, the Limited grille keeps them out of the radiator.

I've actually wondered if you could drive through enough bugs with a Limited grille that your engine would overheat...
Definitely catches a lot of bugs. I wanted to switch to the longhorn grille at first but now my limited grill has grown on me.

Users who are viewing this thread