5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited vs Laramie vs Rebel Suspension/Lift?

BigAdge

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a for sure answer on this....I know the Rebel sits higher due to the 1" "lift" from the OR springs. Does the Limited also have taller springs or does it just appear to be higher because of the wheels/tires compared to a Laramie?

I was driving next to a Limited yesterday and it looked stock but seemed like it had more clearance and sat closer to a Rebel.

Does the Off-Road Package on the limited give it the upgraded "1 inch lift" springs?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did the Limited have the ORG? Any trim level with the ORG will sit as high as a Rebel. And like ferraiolo1 said, the Limited has air suspension, and it could have been set to one of the off-road suspension settings.

BigAdge

Reaction score
Ah that is not a bad thought - so the air suspension can be set higher? When the air suspension is at it's highest is it essentially the same as having the off-road group?

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Limiteds have 2 off road setting, OR1 and OR2. OR1 is good up to 45mph and then self lowers and OR2 is good to about 25 and then self lowers…… unless you have the ORG, then your normal setting in the truck is the same as OR1 in a non-ORG truck. Which gives you then only 1 off road setting which is OR1.

clear as mud…?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Or you can buy links that truck the system and it always stays jacket up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Or you can buy links that truck the system and it always stays jacket up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The biggest issue with using links for a lift is the higher you go the more your truck bounces. Kind of like over-inflating a basketball. I have front leveling links on my Limited, and I don't use OR2 anymore because it will bounce me out of the seat.

BigAdge

Reaction score
That makes sense - I'm thinking it may have been the ORG truck then, Limiteds can use the ORG springs correct? Air suspension is an option not standard, right?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That makes sense - I'm thinking it may have been the ORG truck then, Limiteds can use the ORG springs correct? Air suspension is an option not standard, right?

Air suspension is standard on Limited (US-market)

Users who are viewing this thread