5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited vs Laramie, air suspension, tires questions

bobinwa

Reaction score
Priced out a 2022 Laramie 4x4, short bed, with 5.7 hemi loaded with level 2 pkg and then started wondering if its worth it to step up to the Limited. Specifically interested in opinions of the air suspension and the 22" vs 20" wheels/tires.

RJS

Reaction score
I bought my Laramie because I didn't want air suspension, 22 wheels and folding running boards. With all the other options it was within sight of a lower level Limited. With the options you want I'd price and probably buy the Limited because you will also get better leather, ventilated rear seats and a few more perks for about what you'll pay for the gussied up Laramie.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It was worth stepping up to a Limited for me. I traded a loaded Laramie for it because the trade-in I got for that truck made it financially possible. I'm extremely happy with the Limited. Much nicer interior surfaces. The leather is softer compared to what is in the Laramie. And the air suspension and power steps are awesome. Some people don't want the air suspension or power steps because they're concerned about them breaking down after the factory warranty expires. To me they're worth having even if they do cause me to pay out of pocket for repairs. There is always the option to get an extended warranty if you're worried about that. I've always "settled" when it came to buying a new car or truck. This time I decided to get exactly what I wanted.

ChrisID

Reaction score
I have both. Started with a laramie loaded up, bought off the floor. My second truck I ordered and wanted the same exact truck. BUT, a dealer friend convinced me to go with the Limited I then ordered. It was a little more $, but he convinced and proved to me that when I trade, which I do often, the Limited will save me about $3K because of resale of Laramie vs Limited. According to him, they do not care about options, just model.
I have air on both, and really like it, so I don't know about springs, but most have said they are just as good ride, just not adjustable heights, which I use quiet often.
My Laramie has 18's which I prefer, my Limited has 20's which are OK, but I like the 18's better. I would never own 22's in pothole country.
Best of luck

bucolic

Reaction score
I love the Air suspension, Panoramic Sunroof, and power running boards. I personally like the look of the 22's I got and the Ramboxes are much handier than I thought. I never thought I would use them and I am using them all the time! The 22's ride much better than I expected and I think it all has to do with the brand tire. The '20s on my previous truck rode terribly. The Pirelli's on the 22 rims ride very nice. I really like the way they fill out the wheel wells when in Aero mode.

A month ago I was thinking of buying a used car as sometimes I do miss driving a car. I stopped and drove a used 2018 AWD top-of-the-line Cadillac which was almost 100K when new. It was a nice vehicle but the ride, power, and comfort didn't come close to my Ram. Also, there were hardly any options that Caddy had that the Ram didn't have other than their Super Cruise feature. Pretty amazing to see how luxurious these Limited pickups really are. The Panoramic sunroof made the Caddy's smaller sunroof look like a toy. Ride, power, and comforts were miles and miles ahead in the pickup.

So my vote is for the Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread